Season 2024 - West Coast

Any bets on who the next coach will be?

I reckon Dean Cox is their #1 target right now.

KNIGHTA

knights coaching reid would be a thing of beauty

Did he say:

You had your say…” or “You have to stay…” ?

Source:
https://www.reddit.com/r/AFL/comments/1dywin1/simpson_whilst_walking_past_harley_reid_you_had/

1 Like

Frankly I think worsfold got a bad wrap around here.

Joined the club in the middle of a ■■■■ sandwich and had us playing pretty good footy in 2018.

Then he had the guy who had designed the game plan that was working moved on because we wanted to bring in the Richmond crew. Thanks Xavier.

We went from being a dynamic high pressure team with Dev Smith a manic presence around the ball to being a team that actively prefered corralling to tackling.

Then he got to preside over a shitshow of a transition plan, designed by an idiot, and had to front up to press conferences to take the blame for rutten and co’s work.

I think he did good things for the club and wish him the best.

1 Like

Woosha was what we needed straight after the Saga, and was good for the first 3 years. He then got his contract extended and phoned it in for the next 2 years, undoing any good will he had built up in those first three years of his tenure. I disagree that he gets a bad wrap on here.

14 Likes

Yep was ideal to lead us out of the saga but should’ve been sent packing after that disgraceful SCG final.

No idea who the next West Coach will be but does seem like Cox might be their target.
As for Simpson I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up back in Melbourne at the Dogs

1 Like

Hopefully he doesn’t coach another club. Harley might follow him.

2 Likes

1 Like

Looks like the election results from the last WA State election

9 Likes

That’s pretty harsh. Is that a Woodcock article?

1 Like

It definitely gives Simpson splinters

They pump up players in Perth that much.

I’m waiting for the Harley Reid song next.

What a bunch of ■■■■■!

Assume your talking about Rosa
But didn’t we also get a WA list manager as well start this year.

Former West Coast Eagles list manager Rohan O’Brien joins Essendon Bombers (afl.com.au)

So Rosa will have 2 mentors…

2 Likes

Did Harley forget to type “from|about me” at the end?

2 Likes

I’m hoping Harley wants to leave the Perth bubble and not be part of a long rebuild. Hope his mate caddy is in his ear. Things will only get worse with their list turnover of the older blokes.

1 Like

I seriously hope be target Simpson as an assistant coach.

1 Like

I think Adam Simpson needs a year away from the sport. He has looked underwhelmed, disinterested, on edge at times and just generally flat at times over the last 2 seasons. Obviously losing doesn’t help but 10 years in the job … time to rediscover a passion. Getting paid for the next year so finances won’t be an issue.

That front page of the The West Australian newspaper today is a bit of a disgrace, by the way.

7 Likes

It is. But they have certainly hid a lot of stuff as well. Just a dogshite paper.

Simmo and Nisbett have burnt that place out.

Gavin Bell will be next, but he will probably get until the end of the year.

1 Like

Don’t have a problem with this at all, very funny. He did scam a good wage for a long time and was clearly disinterested at the end waiting to collect a big payout.