Season review so far

5. 6 if we'd have played Dell 

Well, we've been mostly ordinary. Brilliant at times, and stunk the joint out at others.

That said, I still think our fixture is soft enough that we can win enough games to finish 6th - 8th. 

If we could then win a final, I would actually consider this a reasonably good season.

Well, we've been mostly ordinary. Brilliant at times, and stunk the joint out at others.

That said, I still think our fixture is soft enough that we can win enough games to finish 6th - 8th. 

If we could then win a final, I would actually consider this a reasonably good season.

That is the bare minimum for us this season imo. If we don't there will be massive questions asked of everyone at the club.

1 for norf and hawks

1 for blues

1 for youngsters

1 for defence

That is the bare minimum for us this season imo. If we don't there will be massive questions asked of everyone at the club.

Hmmm, so we be Richmond if we lose and Carlton if we win?

Hmmm, so we be Richmond if we lose and Carlton if we win?

I cant see us making the finals if we finish 9th like carlton did last year.

This was the year that we needed to take a big step forwards but at this stage I think we've taken a small step backwards.

I think we've missed out on a chance at a flag as a result as Gold Coast has a list that rivals Geelong and Brisbane during their glory years.

3. The team has gone backwards this season.

They play of our draft picks has been one of the only upsides considering how the AFL ■■■■■■ us in that regards.

5. 6 if we'd have played Dell. 7 if we'd taken fletch out the back and shot him.

SHAME

17th for contested possesions

17th for tackles

Struggled to kick more than 10 goals in the last six weeks.

I'm not sure whats going on at the club. The above to stats seem to show a real issue with the concept of just going and getting the ball. We also seem to be back at the Knights era of being absolutly pasted as soon as there is a turn over in favour of the opposition. Suddenly we look to lack any real pace, especially in the mid field. There is no doubt to me that the forward line is a shambles.

The main saving grace of the season, so far, has been the backline.

My fear is that should we make the finals we will, once again, be the also rans whose main job is to be bundled out in the first week after taking a pasting.

May I be proved overly pessamistic and wrong.

Some good wins early on. Played some promising first year players. Battling under difficult circumstance.

Some horrid football. No forward line. Some players seem to have gone backwards or not improved at all from last year.

poll has a nice normal distribution happening. 

Blooding kids good.

Defensive running through the midfield pretty decent.

Backline very good.

About 9 quarters' worth of form.

And not much else.

3/10.

So far.

The optimist in me hopes this "let's sit back and not do much running" will leave us with more in the tank for later in the season, but I've no idea whether that's realistic.

4/10.

I miss that frantic pressure once the ball gets in our 50. I guess I miss Kommer. Any positive signs so far are easily countered by a negative. But I think it could click at any point. It has to.

I was close to a 4 but I stand by my 5. I think we will come good. Though as YT said in another thread it will be too late and even if we scrape in the 8 you can't win a flag from 7th or 8th

I find it very hard to rate how the season has gone so far.

Emotionally everyones pretty ■■■■■■, angry and pretty much drained from everything that's gone on the last 16 odd months.

Logically though as someone else mentioned before the season minus the saints game, the losses we've had were the ones we'd have prolly had anyway.

Now I don't fully buy into all the conspiracy theories, but who knows the exact specifics going on behind closed doors atm. Our current form is very similar to last year after finding out we won't play finals, it's also very similar to when we've been stuffed psyhically in previous seasons gone by. So there may well be some merit in the theory the plan is to start slow and finish fast.

By no means does that mean just sit back and cop the ■■■■ that's been served up since the freo game, but accept the possibility that the above scenerio is on the money, and only time and the end of the season will tell.

plenty of positives in the younger guys coming through. on the flip side of that, there's been plently of positives over the last decade. The negatives have largely remained the same, which is worrying.

and the mental side of our game, has never been really developed to handle/cope for when things aren't going our way.

The only thing that ■■■■■ me about this season, is it reminds me way to much of the sheedy era, and i'm talking about the fan justification for anything Thompson does.

He may have a plan, he may have the perfect plan, it may literally be the players that don't live up to it, but the blind justification for anything he does is "genius" ■■■■■ me up the wall no end. Yes he's a great coach, yes he's won premierships yada yada, but you know what, even he makes mistakes, and even with a perfect plan in place, he is going to and has made some very big mistakes this year IMO, and burying ones head in the sand and claiming "it's all part of the master plan" does nothing but continue to cement this club in mediocrity, Because no one, esp in our recent past, not even bomber, should be above questioning with the state of how the ■■■■■■■ club is in atm. No one should get to just say "trust me" and we do it, not after the last decade, and esp not after the last 16 months.

Theres grinding out wins, then theres being within a couple of kicks of a loss against Brisbane and the Bulldogs.
Not to mention losing to the Saints, giving up a 30 point lead on ANZAC day and letting the Hawks pull our pants down, and getting comprehensively beaten by Freo and Sydney.

Forward line is still a problem and our midfield isnt working well at all.

Terrible season so far. Terrible.

Hawks pulled our pants down? I thought we were a kick away from beating the reigning premiers

Hawks pulled our pants down? I thought we were a kick away from beating the reigning premiers

Giving up a 2 goal lead in the last 5 minutes to lose a game isnt dignified.

Underwhelming

Can’t believe we are 17th in tackles and contested possession.

Some real positives but mainly it’s been a season of frustration on alot of fronts