Secret shame

I watch A LOT of Bob Ross Videos on You Tube.

I like Paul McCartney and Wings.

No shame in that, Band on the Run is the ■■■■

I don’t mind Mull of Kintyre or Uncle Albert Admiral Halsey either.

Silly Love Songs…maybe not.

Jet for me.
Now there’s a song that could do with a GnR style cover.
I’m not sure which is more annoying though, Silly Love Songs or Coming Up.

It’s weird though…you wonder if them being together would improve the songs even though you kind of know they’d started doing their own thing way, way before that.
And I’ll cop Lennon not interfering with Jet if it means McCartney never gets near Instant Karma and Mother. Maaaaaaybe Working Class Hero…there’s something missing there…

It’s cool to be contrary and rate all of McCartney’s work over all of Lennon’s now, but by gosh it’s stupid.

I thought Lennon’s stuff on Double Fantasy was pretty good…Yoko’s was absolute rubbish.

She must be able to suck an orange through 30 feet of garden hose because I’m stuffed if I can work out what she had going for her.

I like Antiques Roadshow.

I like Antiques Roadshow.

Weirdo

I can’t help myself. On an episode I caught the other day a bloke brought in a vase which he thought was a piece of sh*t but it turned out to be a pristine example of work from a defunct pottery and glazing works from somewhere or other and was valued at £80,000.

It’s a bit more real than 99% of what comes out of the US labelled ‘reality’.

Pretty much every show in the US is staged. The auction shows are the worst, how do people believe it?

I can't help myself. On an episode I caught the other day a bloke brought in a vase which he thought was a piece of sh*t but it turned out to be a pristine example of work from a defunct pottery and glazing works from somewhere or other and was valued at £80,000.

Well, on a similar note, my father once saw in the paper these stamps that sold for like 40k each. He showed my mum, and she goes “wtf I’ve got two of those”. Anyway my father got in contact with the auction people, and they made up some bullshit as to why it wasn’t worth anything. They clearly ripped off some poor ■■■■■■■. Scum.

I can't help myself. On an episode I caught the other day a bloke brought in a vase which he thought was a piece of sh*t but it turned out to be a pristine example of work from a defunct pottery and glazing works from somewhere or other and was valued at £80,000.

Well, on a similar note, my father once saw in the paper these stamps that sold for like 40k each. He showed my mum, and she goes “wtf I’ve got two of those”. Anyway my father got in contact with the auction people, and they made up some bullshit as to why it wasn’t worth anything. They clearly ripped off some poor ■■■■■■■. Scum.

Stamps are generally valuable because of a rare imperfection.

As in, there was an American stamp with biplanes, where a few sheets had the planes upside down.

So you might have the standard, which are worth bugger-all, but the ones with the imperfections are worth a motza. It’s all to do with rarity.

Anyone remember the sports cards that were meant to be worth something (series something). The Michael Jordan rookie of the year card was supposed to he worth $10000.
How much are they worth now?

I am a vocal opponent of all things reality TV…I can’t turn away from that chinese dating show on SBS “If you are the one”…

don’t judge me.

An episode I watched a while ago had a bloke who took 10 travel advertising posters to see if they were of any value. He was given them when he was 10 years old (now in his 50’s) for helping the woman (as a thank you) across the road clean out her sisters house as she had passed away.

They were woth £15,000 each. Couldn’t wipe the smile off his face (especially as his wife had been asking him to get rid of them for years)

I am a vocal opponent of all things reality TV.................I can't turn away from that chinese dating show on SBS "If you are the one".....

don’t judge me.

Haha. It’s actually cringeworthy edge of your seat train wreck must see tv. Some genuine creepy dudes in there.

I watch Selling Houses Australia…

I watch Selling Houses Australia...

Do you yell at the tv when they want more money after the reno?

Just told the worst Dad joke ever. It was bad, even for me.
A couple of banks of flourescents came on for no reason, the way they do sometimes, when we hadn’t realised they hadn’t been on in the first place. Made the place a lot brighter and more pleasant.
I said we must have a lot of Germans on staff today.
Nurse asked why.
Because…many Hans make light work.

Or when they need $x to get them out of the poo, so they want $x and $y even though the house is only worth $x - $z, where z is a substantial number.

It seems the people whose houses need the most work have the most unreal expectations.

I only have two jokes and they are both very poor taste.

I laugh when they knock back an offer and after 2 months, the house is still on the market.