Serie A/La Liga/Bundesliga/Other Euro Leagues

Top 2 from each group go through and the final 4 spots are determined by a complex system involving the Nations league results

That’s what I was talking about, the nations league. Why is England in the nations league?

■■■■■■■ hell, wrong thread

A couple weeks ago I enjoyed seeing unfancied Union Berlin beat Stuttgart on away goals over two legs in the relegation playoff. Union from the old East won on away goals and will play in the Bundesliga for the first time ever. Will struggle to stay up but I’ll keep an eye on their results.

Jovic unveiled at the Bernabeu for Real Madrid. 5,000 people showed up. Hazard is next. I dare say they will get a few more in for that one :slight_smile:

Putting the bait out there for me I see. :blush:
Horrendous performance. You all reckon Worsfold has no game plan/structure but that’s nothing compared to Anastasiadis. 4 games in and everyone is already calling for his head. Greece can’t defend for crap especially on the counter. The less said about the midfield, the better.

Greece are just lucky Lichtenstein are in the same group and will save them from finishing last

Italy all but through, 9 clear with 3 to go. Bosnia beat Finland 4-1 and Italu beat Greece 2-0

Yep, Italy will go through now. Only Belgium are the other team to have a perfect record in qualification

Proposal emerging to merge the Belgium and Netherlands top flight leagues into one united league to be known as BeNeLiga.

Interesting, as you would imagine the end game here is to combine the football markets of these smaller populations and increase TV revenue, more money, better players / higher standard league.

Given the rich production of elite footballers from both countries- they probably hope to turn around the player-retention tables too.

10 clubs from the Netherlands and 8 from Belgium is the early projection making up an 18 team league with a redesigned tiered sytem of competition presumably to follow underneath.

Could conceivably rival Ligue 1 overall for competition strength you would think despite their heavy PSG-Lyon top end.

And what of Luxembourg, also generally lumped in with those two?

Yeah, not sure- good question. It’s actually pretty surprising they can even support/sustain their own Lux Domestic Premier League I reckon- but I don’t really know what scale/crowds that league produces.

I’m being a smartarse, I’ve never heard of a letzburgesch (damn right) player of any note.

And I’ve played through about a hundred seasons on CM/FM…

2 Likes

Been visiting the Dutch family in NL over the past few weeks. Went to my first Eredivisie game last Saturday night in Alkmaar. AZ v Willem II. A terrific experience, great vibe with around 18000 in a pretty intimate boutique stadium. Football was fantastic, four goals scored all to the end I was sitting- bit of a boil over with the visitors from Tilburg taking the points coming from 1-0 down to win 1-3.

Being a close follower of the Dutch National team, of interest for me was getting to watch two emerging prospects from AZ- Calvin Stengs and Myron Boadu- awesome to watch Stengs in particular, up close, a tall, rangy winger who reminds me of Robben- one to watch and I doubt he will be in the Eredivisie for much longer.

6 Likes

That Benzema volley. Phwoar.

2 Likes

Also Asensio’s return had me all emotional. Love that kid!

1 Like

CAMPEONES!!! Zidane you beauty!!!

Also these moves by Vinicius!

FORZA JUVE!!!

2 Likes

Reports suggest that current Holland manager and former Southampton and Everton boss Ronald Koeman will be appointed as new Barca manager.