Shane Savage

As I said, pre-GF he was set on staying. But good on you for not reading any posts after the first page, Riolio.

To be fair to Rolo, you are batting on a duck currently and it is rather easy to then say afterward that things changed.  Once your batting average increases so does trust in what you are saying.

Having PM'ed Gutteral, without breaching his confidence, I am prepared to say that his source, as conveyed to me,  is pretty good. It is not so good that it is infallible, but until proven otherwise, I would trust what he has stated so far.

I literally never have inside info except for this. It'd be a pretty lame rumour to be starting if I was making it up. He's hardly high profile.

I literally never have inside info except for this. It'd be a pretty lame rumour to be starting if I was making it up. He's hardly high profile.

So. What changed?

Leave it.

He is not pulling your chains.

So. What changed?

Im pretty high profile.

So. What changed?

Inclined to believe gutteral, and interested to know the answer to this. Missed out on the premiership side by that much and just wants to up and go?

So. What changed?

Inclined to believe gutteral, and interested to know the answer to this. Missed out on the premiership side by that much and just wants to up and go?

If Gutteral tells me to sit tight and be confident...................

It was a combination of missing the grand final and the discussions he had with Clarkson where he wasnt promised more game time.

You know we’re in a bad state when players choose Dwarfland over Essendon.

Confirmation of the clubs I mentioned earlier http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-07/savage-demand

Huh, I went to school with his manager. Relevant, I know.

Shane Savage has announced that he has chosen Carlton as his club of preference to be traded to. It's understood pick 28 that the blues acquired for the Shaun Hampson trade will get the deal done.

Shane Savage has announced that he has chosen Carlton as his club of preference to be traded to. It's understood pick 28 that the blues acquired for the Shaun Hampson trade will get the deal done.

Bewildering club Carlton. Crying out for tall forwards and they choose to trade for a mid sized forward ■■■ midfielder, after already trading in Daisy Thomas. Betts is gone, true, but part of the problem they had this year was trying to squeeze three similar players like Betts, Garlett and Yarran into the one forward line. With Betts gone they had the opportunity to re-balance the forward line, ideally with another tall. Instead it seems they're looking to repeat the same formula. Seems to me it's trading for trading's sake, rather than for needs.

Good to see. They may end up with a Podsiadly, but all their activity post-season seems to be focused on getting quick results. Mick needs to justify his position, and what happens beyond his tenure is of limited interest to him. 

[font='lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]Shane Savage has announced that he has chosen Carlton as his club of preference to be traded to. It's understood pick 28 that the blues acquired for the Shaun Hampson trade will get the deal done.[/size][/font]

Bewildering club Carlton. Crying out for tall forwards and they choose to trade for a mid sized forward ■■■ midfielder, after already trading in Daisy Thomas. Betts is gone, true, but part of the problem they had this year was trying to squeeze three similar players like Betts, Garlett and Yarran into the one forward line. With Betts gone they had the opportunity to re-balance the forward line, ideally with another tall. Instead it seems they're looking to repeat the same formula. Seems to me it's trading for trading's sake, rather than for needs.

Good to see. They may end up with a Podsiadly, but all their activity post-season seems to be focused on getting quick results. Mick needs to justify his position, and what happens beyond his tenure is of limited interest to him.

Not only that they have Boosma and Casboult on the trade table traded out another tall in Hampson and delisted a couple of other talls in addition to Laidler as we'll I think. They rely completely on Wait up forward as Henderson needs to play back and McInnes has been injured a fair bit. Really odd strategy if you ask me as Pods. Isn't going to be the answer and he and Waite will retire at the same time. If a couple of their talls get injured they will be in strife.

Lol. Malthouse personally called Shane and brown-nosed him last week.

FWIW I’m not entirely sure he has actually chosen Carlton just yet.

Also, the saints offer was 4 years, good coin, and a role as the club’s NZ Ambassador.

Bootsma and Casboult can be on the trade table all Carlton want they will not get anything for them as they are spud-a-licious, they got extremely lucky with Hampson, no else is going to pay anything of value for the rest of their rubbish.

bootsma is seriously bad. I cant believe he gets a game

I like Bootsma, reckon he'll come on

bootsma is seriously bad. I cant believe he gets a game

Agree. I reckon he has to change underwear every quarter. Serious deer in the headlights case that one.

I thought Casboult looked to be showing good signs this year as a developing fwd/ruck, certainly took some excellent grabs around the ground from some of the Blues games I saw.

Big body, aggressive. GWS could do worse............  in fact they have previously with Setanta.

Strange decision by Blues given Hampson already traded out unless they have players in mind to come back in, would imagine #1 pick on their mind to get Boyd but doubt they can provide GWS enough. That said GWS seem to be in a bit of desperado position to get any experienced players to go there.   

Bootsma has a bit of the early Zac Dawson's about him, just far too slight to have any impact at present, especially on bigger fwds.  Seems a goer and ok kick, might come good in tim.