Shaun Edwards

Was Edwards a 17 year old per selection for GWS? I cant see him. Listed in the 2011 draft!

NT zone selection
What the hell is that? How many additional selections did they get?

1.273 billion.

Not too far off it.
12 prelisted 17yos
12 blokes who'd either been delisted or who had been eligible for drafts before but been overlooked
access to as many NSW players as they wanted
access to as many NT players as they wanted
every 2nd pick in the first round of the 2011 draft
four minidraft picks to trade away
and a partridge in a pear tree

Its fantastic that GWS got all those picks, let them waste a couple of years resources and money on them and then we can come and cherry pick when they are ripe. Once they have to start cutting their list and lose their concessions the players will be heading home in droves

5e00cf1f-c346-4353-ba78-ffa89601fc56.jpg

hes so complex

This is Aylett in the pic right? Not Edwards as per thread title?

5e00cf1f-c346-4353-ba78-ffa89601fc56.jpg

hes so complex

This is Aylett in the pic right? Not Edwards as per thread title?

Ay.

he will be in red and black next year.

just a vibe i've got.

Its Mabo

Racist

Clearly missed the joke, go and watch the movie The Castle....then you'll understand and laugh 150 times..

was mentioned in the hun we are hoping to save our pick in the 40s for a deal with GWS...

apparently that's for Cameron
don't be ridiculous. pick 40 won't do it. they also want jetta for cameron.

wrong....trust disco...

just a vibe i've got.

Its Mabo

Racist

Clearly missed the joke, go and watch the movie The Castle....then you'll understand and laugh 150 times..

Racist.

Racist? I can't even run,

you have seen the movie and understand the quote "it's the vibe, it's mabo"

one of Australia's funniest movies..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJuXIq7OazQ

just a vibe i've got.

Its Mabo

Racist

Racist.

Racist

just a vibe i've got.

Its Mabo

Racist

Racist.

youre new here arent you?

oh and racist.

Apparently one of the resident Mods has a fan!
Capture_zps21292dff.png

Shaun Edwards‘ move to Essendon was sparked by his belief that a return to Melbourne would help kickstart his career.

Edwards grew up in Darwin but spent four years as a boarder at Melbourne Grammar, before being taken by Greater Western Sydney as a zone selection in 2011.

He played 10 games for the Giants in his debut season, 2012, but struggled this year, managing just two games.

Speaking in Dublin on Tuesday as part of the Australian International Rules squad, the former St Marys player said he had decided to seek a trade to a Victorian club at the start of this month's Gillette AFL Player Exchange Period.

"I sat down with my manager, my family and friends and really thought that I needed to get back to Melbourne to put my best foot forward in footy and surround myself with good people," Edwards, 19, said.

"I was lucky enough with [Essendon] being a great club that they gave me the opportunity and I just grabbed it with both hands."

In Ireland for the past 10 days with the IRS team, Edwards had a number of late-night, long-distance phone calls with his manager as Essendon and Adelaide courted him.

"It was obviously pretty tough given the time zone and obviously being on the phone very late at night," Edwards said.

"At 12.30 last night I was on the phone to my manager and (Essendon list manager) Adrian Dodoro just talking through the situation.

"I couldn't sleep after that."

Edwards, 189cm, spent most of his time at GWS in defence, with occasional stints in the midfield, but said he was not sure what role the Bombers had in mind for him yet.

However, he is looking forward to reuniting with former AIS-AFL Academy teammate Joe Daniher at Windy Hill.

"He messaged me just before saying he woke up to the news. So I'm pretty excited to get back with Joey," Edwards said.

Edwards was part of the Australian team that lost the first IRS Test to Ireland last Saturday night at Breffni Park in Cavan.

The teenager said the Australians knew they had to lift their pressure and intensity in the second Test at Dublin's Croke Park, especially in the first half.

"We've sat down as a group and addressed that and I think this Saturday will be a different game to last week," he said.

Edwards said it had been a thrill to tour, train and play alongside star Australian team members such as Lance Franklin and Daniel Wells.

"Obviously, they're your idols growing up," he said.

"Aaron Davey's a Darwin boy. I always followed Aaron growing up and just to come over here and to get around 'Buddy' and just see the way they all prepare and go about their stuff, it's a huge honour."

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2013-10-23/new-don-seeks-a-reboot

Obviously a young man who recognises quality.

Probably ban him because he didn’t quote himself properly.

Probably ban him because he didn't quote himself properly.

Just might do that if he proves too stupid to learn.

EFC will have to hide him from ASADA if he's looknig for Reboot.

just a vibe i've got.

Its Mabo

Racist
Racist.

Fascist

I cant see Humble Minions thoughts on him, can you post them HM?

just a vibe i've got.

Its Mabo

Racist
Racist.

Fascist

This post is going straight to the pool room. 

I cant see Humble Minions thoughts on him, can you post them HM?

If I've ever seen him play, I've forgotten.

2cggd3q.jpg

2cggd3q.jpg

Looks arrogant*
*But looove it!!