Short careers...which ones do you think about?

The Angry Ant
Darcy Daniher
Michael Quinn
Nob
Willy Hams

Good part of the new board is having these old threads pop up.

1 Like

Terry Cahill

2 Likes

Peter Cransberg had a great kicking action and was a good size but always seemed to get injured. He was eventually overtaken by the baby bombers.

2 Likes

Aaron Francis

Too soon?

1 Like

Rioli was a big favorite of mine when I was a little kid and so was Dean Solomon. Someone said he became a victim of speed of the game. I think it was Sheeds.

Winderlich is definitely one of them.

Two I always saw as lost opportunities for us were Jarryd Atkinson, and while it may not be a popular opinion, Bashar Houli. You could also add one Justin Madden to the list.

Barry Young. Only liked him cause he was trying to unsettle his opponent. Thought he was one of sheedys types, but probably not that good a footballer

2 Likes

Coleman. The ultimate “what if” story.

2 Likes

Barry Young only left because David Calthorpe was farking his wife.
Nothing to do with football.

1 Like

I think about most ex players and wonder where they end up.

Anybody know what last years departures are doing?

Ashby, wallis, steinberg etc. Are they playing somewhere. I read alex browne has pulled the pin which is very sad.

That was Blumfield

Paddy Ryder and the “blitz rumour”!

Jonathon Robran

The other Grgic

Heath Ledger.

Yes.

Came in to cover injuries for about 3 weeks in 2000 and tore it up.

Then was never seen again.

3 Likes

Robrans one always forgotten.

For me Cupido.

1 Like

Robran was a victim of Sheed’s obsession with Henneman after his excellent but brief cameo iirc.

1 Like

Wayne Beddison…all the talent in the world but only came down from his Wimmera farm in a drought year, showed all the signs as a high-flying key forward, and went back after one season…1983?

I don’t reckon the only reason for Young’s departure was marital. We had JJ primed after most of the year out in 1999, and Young allegedly put a very high price on himself. He was good for us, but not that good.

2 Likes