Short careers...which ones do you think about?

The Columbia Shuttle Astronauts.

(Still to soon?)

Wally Buhaj! A fast, stocky half forward who was exciting to watch when he came on late in a game. 10 of his 15 games were as a 19th or 20th man. He played from 1967 - 69.

Damian Cupido. What a massive waste of a huge talent.

3 Likes

Gavin keane
Adrian burns
Andrew manning
Lachlan ross
Wille ■■■■
Trevor spencer
Michael werner
Jonathan robran
Jarrod atkinson
Mark alvey
Marc bullen
Justin stubbs

Yes. My life is sad and pathetic

Kommer

2 Likes

He is still the one l believe was the greatest waste of talent l have seen in the red and black. Could have been the premier small forward in the league, elite talent, zero application.

Luckiest guy to get a 3 year contract at the club, ever. Moreso than Myers.

3 Likes

Neil Daniher, Tate Pears,

1 Like

Well… Leon Baker of course…

Actually I wonder a lot about Paul Hills. His light shone very brightly there for a couple of years (including 1993), and then he very quickly fell away (according to Wiki, he played only 11 games after 1993)…

1 Like

Mark Neeld

Doc Wheildon is an interesting one! Hit by a car outside a nightclub after Sheedy got him from Fitzroy. Is interesting to hear Robert Shaw talk about how talented he was but probably his own worst enemy. What could have been?

Possibly the best kick (apart from Mercuri at his best) that I ever saw in person. Stunningly smooth mover, great speed, perfect leads.

What could have been…

2 Likes

Also not shy around goals. He knew where the big sticks were and was able to convert. The first game l saw him play was at Etihad against the WEagles. He ran down Cousins who was cruising out of the BP with 3 others in tow. Cupido tackled him beautifully and goaled from the resultant kick on the 50. As soon as he kicked it, l knew we would win that game. McPhee also kicked 4 that day from the wing. I thought we had found 2 stars, in one of the best trades ever. It wasn’t to be.

4 Likes

Ryan Harris.

3 Likes

Last time I saw Paul HILLS, he was still a copper in Melbourne.
Fark Carlton.

Kyle Reimers
What a ■■■■■■■ waste of time.

Does anyone remember Doug Tassell?

4 Likes

Yes, he was a hairy rugged half back

Yes died in a car accident not long after he started playing
A star in the making
no 33
a tragedy

1 Like