Should I buy a pool?

I would pay 70k to not have to do that.

1 Like

ok.

Give me 70K and i’ll organise for him not to come over.

2 Likes

(Unless you actually mean the real Vanders …)

So this is what it feels like to have a thread derailed.

I don’t know why people get upset!

Had one in Queensland, it was amazing for meeting people, every kid in the neighbourhood was around every arvo. The flip side is you have heaps of people over. Probably don’t have the same culture here in Vic

Ours was 3M x 8m which was fine for young kids. so you could maybe go a little smaller, but bigger than what we had.

I personally don’t think it ever gets warm enough in Melbourne to warrant a pool, but if you’ve got the coin, your kids will probably love you for it.

And unless you’re in sub zero temperatures where it’s essential, a spa is just a bit naff.

5 Likes

I meant the real one.

3 Likes

Yes

Speak to the man himself.

Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 3.43.33 pm

6 Likes

I got a pool when I built my house 12 years ago. It was inground concrete and about 42,000 litres in size. The operations and maintenance was a killer for me. Heating, cleaning, water quality and balance. Also repairs: 1 underground leak, two light replacements, 2 pumps, 1 gas heater and 1 solar tubes replacement. I think I spent nearly as much for operations and maintenance as I did to build the pool.

The big benefit is that my kids became super confident in water and turned out to be good swimmers.

From a financial perspective I wouldn’t do it again. I heard a pool guy once say, “the best pool to have is your friends pool”

5 Likes

I feel like this is just a sneaky way for @Clone_Hirdy to brag about having $70,000 in splash cash. And now he wants everyone to be jealous of his new pool.

You’re doing well for yourself. Big whoop.

6 Likes

My original thread was ‘Should I buy a Ferrari?’, but that would have been too obnoxious.

6 Likes

:fu:

2 Likes

:dizzy_face: Bite your tongue Tinny!

Love a Spa, so good for circulation and aches and pains.

Wouldn’t be w/out one. The heat is very good for you … like a Sauna is.

2 Likes

Contact these guys

But since you have a lazy 70k lying around :thinking:why would you ask Blitz?

I take cheque, credit or bitcoin. :laughing:

Do a spa and a lap-pool with a current flow thingo.

1 Like

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars?sb=TopDeal&q=Make.Ferrari.&pg=1

Your only 30k short :wink::+1:

In Ferrari red and bomber black? Absolutely!

I’m not saying I have $70k lying around, I’m saying that that is what I would expect to pay if I got a pool that size.

Others I work with have paid $50-60k for a 6m x 3m pool. I assume 10m x 4m will be more.

I hope you spend $70,000 on building the pool, and have no money left to fill it up.

1 Like