Should I buy a pool?

Why are you so selfish?

3 Likes

Maybe you could use your tears to fill up that new pool. (Snickering)

My pool will be filled with wine.

1 Like

Sell up, move to Melrose Drive, use the wave pool and help Nackers with the training reports…

2 Likes

Actually, I believe that @nackers has a pool, he posted it in the training thread. I could use his one.

He lives 1 km from the beach!

GO TO THE BEACH.

It’s just like a swimming pool but without the cost and douchebaggery

There is COVID at the beach.

COVID is what @Clone_Hirdy calls poor people…

8 Likes

We are on the Nth coast of NSW, so any opinion is given with that disclaimer. We moved houses three years ago to a house with a pool. I didn’t really see it as a plus or minus at the time. Kids absolutely love it, would get on average three hours of use per day from September through May. Very much pro pool, also 1km from beach… we are at that a lot as well

2 Likes

Shut your mouth COVID.

7 Likes

Why wont he? You live 1km away. Class it as excerise?

Seriously not worth it! You will be cleaning it more when you have a beach which is cost free.

in all honesty grab a cheapish one from Clarke Rubber at the start of next summer.
They come in decent sizes.

See how much it is used and if it’s a pain in the ■■■.

We had one for about 3 summers at home. We didn’t set it up this year and the kids haven’t asked for it once.

Soooo… sounds like the rest of the family will love the pool… him not so much since he’ll be cleaning the pool and paying for the maintenance and repairs.

So the cleaning part is what I want to be clear on. I have heard off a few people with pools that the maintenance is minimal these days with the auto cleaner robots.

So I think thread summary is as follows:

Anti Pool:

• you have a beach within walking distance
  • pools are expensive
  • pools are a pain in the neck to maintain
  • pools lower the value of your house

Pro pool:

• possible future pool orgies?
  • turns you into a rich douche (good thing)
4 Likes

Point made. Get a pool @Clone_Hirdy.

6 Likes

Yeah, but a pool is also a nice place to sit around with a drink and relax and watch the kids. Can’t drink at the beach or public pools.

Back up everybody - now the dude has robot money.

5 Likes