Sick of the Geelong comparisons

Anyone else sick of listening to ex Geelong players somehow claim some credit dfor the bombers current form? Maybe they should step back a little and accept that this is 'a bit rich' and give credit where credit is due..

(Funny how they only make Geelong comparisons when we are winning!!!!!!!!!)

1. Chappy is going through a honeymoon period. I want 4 goals per game to continue but it wont. Chappy will not kick 70-80 goals this year. At some point he will go 5 games average 1 per game.

2. Bomber Thompson has been there 'with Hirdy' creating what we have now. As lethal pointed out we were 13 and 3 last year. **** - the year before we kicked 90 plus points in one friggin quarter!

3. The reason for the end of year fade outs has had nothing to do with game plans or hirdy's coaching and everything to do with a stupid supplement scandal - both years!

I am not gonna let some geelong wankers take credit for a bombers team that frankly would be winning with any number of good coaches at the helm as we speak.

Love Bomber, love chappy - but get a grip..

Don't care. 

Don't care. 

this.

Don't care. 

this.

Scorpio, art Vandaley and I care...

It’s better than being compared to Melbourne

How could Geelong players take credit?  They didn't coach Bomber, he coached them.  The only people who can take credit for our current form are the our players and the coach (and Hirdy as well but that muddles the simplicity of my argument).

It's better than being compared to Melbourne

You mean like Carlton?

How could Geelong players take credit?  They didn't coach Bomber, he coached them.  The only people who can take credit for our current form are the our players and the coach (and Hirdy as well but that muddles the simplicity of my argument).

Harley was taking somekind of ridiculous ownership by saying what he said on Sunday night. Bruce called 'bias' immediately as did Dennis and Lethal. Now robbo writes a piece with Geelong headlines...

Its no big deal - its just bullshit.

We are Essington

It's better than being compared to AOD using drug cheaters.

It's better than being compared to Melbourne

You mean like Carlton?

Exactly.
If we win a flag, I couldn't give a sh*t if people say 'like geelong' or 'AOD made them superstars.'
Couldn't give a sh*t. Being compared to the best club of the modern era is quite the compliment, and not one we really deserve yet.

The weapon started at Geelong remember

Does make me wonder what the hell Bomber has really been doing for the past 3 years sometimes.

Harley was taking somekind of ridiculous ownership by saying what he said on Sunday night. Bruce called 'bias' immediately as did Dennis and Lethal. Now robbo writes a piece with Geelong headlines...

We are Essington

Too feel too bad about being compared to the most successful team of the last decade.  Once we've earned our success, we'll be the new yardstick.

Anyone else sick of listening to ex Geelong players somehow claim some credit dfor the bombers current form? Maybe they should step back a little and accept that this is 'a bit rich' and give credit where credit is due..

1. Chappy is going through a honeymoon period. I want 4 goals per game to continue but it wont. Chappy will not kick 70-80 goals this year. At some point he will go 5 games average 1 per game.

2. Bomber Thompson has been there 'with Hirdy' creating what we have now. As lethal pointed out we were 13 and 3 last year. **** - the year before we kicked 90 plus points in one friggin quarter!

3. The reason for the end of year fade outs has had nothing to do with game plans or hirdy's coaching and everything to do with a stupid supplement scandal - both years!

I am not gonna let some geelong wankers take credit for a bombers team that frankly would be winning with any number of good coaches at the helm as we speak.

Good call.

Nothing about the big step up that Jackson Merrett has taken.

Next to nothing about Myers's top early form, eg being the number one clearance player in the League first two rounds

Zero about the increase in the disposal efficiency rating of the team as a whole from previous year.

Little about Goddard's or Hooker's or Hocking's super start to the season.

Far too much about how sh*t Carlton are - and not how the Bombers managed to keep the boot on their head the whole game and actually finish them off.

Far too little about how Carlisle and Daniher have managed to cover the loss of our two starting ruckmen.

Nothing about how much real promise Gleeson has shown in only a couple of matches.

Too many ludicrous comparsions between Chapman and Crameri (WTF?!)

Just bone-lazy, pathetic headline-seeking journos and d*ckhead radio hacks and commentators.

So little REAL analysis of the football, itself,  it makes me furious

you're sick of being compared to a team that won 3 premierships in 5 years ?

the same team we have gone out of our way to emulate since Bomber, Mcartney and Egan came across from ?

I guess though that's your problem if you can't handle the one or two people who do compare us to them :rolleyes:

I suggest we just let it wash over us like an invisibility cloak. The longer they think our success is due to Bomber & Chappy alone, the longer they remain in the dark about our awesome talent which has been developing nicely over the last 2-3 years. And at least they’re not talking about you know what. Ignore.

I suggest we just let it wash over us like an invisibility cloak. The longer they think our success is due to Bomber & Chappy alone, the longer they remain in the dark about our awesome talent which has been developing nicely over the last 2-3 years. And at least they're not talking about you know what. Ignore.

wax on wax off?

Lets also not forget that Bomber spent his formative years as a coach at Essendon as an assistant to Sheedy and then a the Kangaroos under Pagan (who had also started as an assistant coach under Sheedy).  

So given the Geelong's player's logic it would be fair to say that Geelong's current successful period was due to the fact Bomber got them playing more like an Essendon team, rather than the Geelong teams of the past 44 years who hadn't won a flag.

We are Essington

No we are obviously Geeshort, just ask Harley and Scarlo.

The weapon started at Geelong remember

What a sorry saga.