Simmo's Disparaging Anecdotes About Opposition Players

Well true, I wouldn’t bet money on it being The Espie, but can’t think where else it could’ve been. Was a big room with lots of chairs and tables in a large pub in St Kilda.

I once saw an ex-St.Kilda player, smash a bowl of pretzels across a room.

6 Likes

Definitely not the Espy then.

But I was thinking the Chevron, it sounds more like something they might have had going on around then, and the Tables & chairs thing / Big room thing fits, but it’s not really St Kilda proper. If you were down along the water, … maybe Earls Court?

Cheers BSD. Was definitely down by the water. No, not the Chevron. Must be Earls Court then. Lost in the mist of my mind I fear.

1 Like

Did you see a TARDIS?

I could use one now. Go back in time and not post my Danny Frawley anecdote. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

My story has more holes than a Buddy Franklin medical report. I was somewhere in St Kilda. It was sometime while he was a player. Clearly I was as drunk as he was!

I once bought C Mainwaring a drink at around 4.30am on the Saturday morning before he was due to play on the following Sunday afternoon.

Can’t recall exactly when it was but I have a feeling it was around 1993. And if my memory serves me correctly, he played pretty well, too.

I have nothing to say on the topic of Chris Mainwaring.

What is it with you and interstate birds?

1 Like

2003, the night before the Aussies played the Bangas here in Cairns. I’m out drinking with a few mates in a bar. As we get up to leave, we spot Simon O’Donnell, another commentator (can’t remember who) and a very, very inebriated Stuart MacGill propping up the bar. We go to say hello and wish MacGill good luck in the match. My mate then asks Stu how he’s gonna go if Aus has to bowl first. MacGill launches into this epic drunken rant (including lots of spittle) about how he’s the greatest leggie of all time, that Warnie is nothing but an overrated hack and he could get wickets against the Bangas bowling drunk. When he’d calmed down we said our goodbyes and left, ■■■■■■■ ourselves laughing.

He was right about the Bangas, though. He took 10 fer in that match.

4 Likes

We need odds on which knacker Simmo will write up this week.

MacGill is a c*$t.

Back in the days when Optus televised the Shield, they had stump mikes and some guy, maybe Don Nash, had a massive dive to catch a ball off a MacGill half-tracker. Got a hand to it but spilled it. MacGill launched both barrels at him.

And I’ve seen him behave that way elsewhere.

You just don’t do that.

And then he had a wine show on Foxtel. Self-important flog of the highest order.

5 Likes

Why do life’s ■■■■■ always do well?

1 Like

I have a vague memory of him getting a suspension for punching his own captain after the captain put someone else on to bowl. Might have been a county game.

I know it’s only two rounds, and I don’t want to put all the blame on simmo, but ever since he started providing Disparaging Anecdotes About Opposition Players we have not won a game.

4 Likes

Is this the first instalment of Doe’s Disparaging Anecdotes About Opposition Posters?

2 Likes

If we win this week I hope Doe’s Disparaging Anecdotes About Opposition Posters continues.

2 Likes

You have to wonder how many times, and in how many ways, McGill plotted and/or dreamed of taking Warne out.

2 Likes

not gonna lie, I have felt a little bit responsible

3 Likes

Just the once, but it was constant for about a decade.

1 Like