Six people shot and killed at mosque in Quebec City, Canada

Sigh.

FEARS are being held for dozens of people inside a Canadian mosque where three gunmen opened fire on Sunday night local time, killing five people.
The mosque, in Quebec City in Canada’s mostly French-speaking Quebec province, was attacked during evening prayers shortly after 8pm.

Witnesses said they heard gunshots fired from inside the mosque. Police responded, surrounding the centre and arresting two men. They erected a security perimeter and declined to comment to reporters about the incident.

Quebec Police, however, confirmed on social media that five people had been killed. They did not rule out the possibility of a third suspect who had fled the scene.
The gunmen are believed to have been wearing ski masks when they entered the Grand Mosque and opened fire.

One man who was inside when the shooting started said a bullet whizzed over his head. He said the gunmen targeted those who were praying, The Toronto Star reported.

The Quebec City Islamic Cultural Center, located in the Sainte-Foy neighbourhood, posted a video on Facebook in the moments after the shooting.

“To paint terrorists with a broad brush that extends to all Muslims is not just ignorant – it is irresponsible.”

“To paint terrorists with a broad brush that extends to all Muslims is not just ignorant – it is irresponsible.”

They are changing the report, now it is 1 arrest and an unknown number killed but at least 5 injured.

world is fkt.

Insanity. Apparently 2 gunmen involved.

Wasn’t thinking he was making a joke. It was the 1st thing that went through my mind, …

until this …

The two suspects are Bashir al-Taweed and Hassan Matti, Syrians who entered Canada as refugees last week

I can’t see where that info came from,??

If true it’s not what you’d really expect, Muslims, shooting up peaceful Muslims? … I suppose it wouldn’t be the 1st time …?

I originally thought of Trump, because It sounded likely to be a couple of nutter white boys who might have got inspired by his racist policies just implemented, & his hate speech, and decided to deport a few Muslims from their country too. The timing …

if that’s true, that’s even more ■■■■■■…

If true…

Don’t ISIS and Al Qaeda quite like killing peaceful Muslims because they think it will heighten general mistrust of Muslims, alienating younger Muslims thus giving them more recruits.

Wasn't thinking he was making a joke. It was the 1st thing that went through my mind, ...

until this …

The two suspects are Bashir al-Taweed and Hassan Matti, Syrians who entered Canada as refugees last week

If true it’s not what you’d really expect, Muslims, shooting up peaceful Muslims? … I suppose it wouldn’t be the 1st time …?

I originally thought of Trump, because It sounded likely to be a couple of nutter white boys who might have got inspired by his racist policies just implemented, & his hate speech, and decided to deport a few Muslims from their country too. The timing …

Someone on reddit claiming someone on Twitter got those 2 names from a police scanner
The pinnacle of sources

Wasn't thinking he was making a joke. It was the 1st thing that went through my mind, ...

until this …

Sunni-Shiite have been killing each other for centuries.

Might be a bit of fake news going on, identities not released, some reports that they spoke with a Quebec accent, others that one of them was a Moroccan ( not a Quebec accent).

Well, they aren’t saying that’s for sure. Absolutely no news on attackers, on the news or web news, despite having them in custody??

Curious indeed.

Although this from the Guardian makes it sound local …

Local politician Manon Massé said: “We know little at the moment, but one or two people have assumed the right to kill our fellow Muslim Québec citizens. When intolerance goes from debate to murder, solidarity is essential.”

The French president, François Hollande, condemned “in the strongest possible terms” what he called an “odious attack”. “It’s the spirit of peace and openness of the people of Quebec that the terrorists wanted to hit,” he said.

The mosque has been targeted before. In June, a pig’s head was left there during the holy month of Ramadan. Weeks later, an Islamophobic letter was distributed in the vicinity.

until this …

Cant be true Pauline hasnt arked up yet, Oh wait
if that's true, that's even more ■■■■■■...

It’s not.

So he’s white and it’s a hate crime. This should go well.

Out of curiosity, not trying to be a ■■■■ but what are Canada’s gun laws like compared to say ours and at the opposite end, the USA

Remember when reddit/4chan sluethed the boston bombing? Lol. Ended well.

One of the more cringeworthy social/political trends of the past decade or so is the tendency of IT guys (and the reddit/4chan culture as a whole, which are two groups with a huge crossover) to believe that because they understand computers better than anyone else they understand politics, criminology, science, law, economics, journalism, history, and sociology better than anyone else too. They have such immense self-regard based on their expertise in their field, but such contempt for anyone else’s expertise.

And yes, I’m an IT guy saying this. :stuck_out_tongue: The whole thing is pretty embarrassing really.

One of the more cringeworthy social/political trends of the past decade or so is the tendency of IT guys (and the reddit/4chan culture as a whole, which are two groups with a huge crossover) to believe that because they understand computers better than anyone else they understand politics, criminology, science, law, economics, journalism, history, and sociology better than anyone else too. They have such immense self-regard based on their expertise in their field, but such contempt for anyone else’s expertise.

And yes, I’m an IT guy saying this. :stuck_out_tongue: The whole thing is pretty embarrassing really.

As a manager of IT guys, don’t fkn start me on this…

And now the more responsible MSM reporting is that a French Canadian student has been charged iwith what has been described as a lone wolf attack. The mosque is close to a University.

Apparently a known racist.