Skiing in Victoria

Anyone going?

Love snow.

I went to a place in BC called Powder King. Since then I have never been able to bring myself to pay to ski anything less than neck deep powder.

Yeah nz is good but they don’t have the infrastructure in place. Stuff all lifts on huge mountains and no on-snow accommodation. If they had the lifts we do at Buller it would be pretty crazy.

NZ also meant to be good option.

If you do it once a year then the extra expense is worth it.

Do not want to waste a second out there.

I would say Hotham is probably the best bet then. Plenty of places along the village chair that are ski in ski out or up around big d if it’s a family trip… Or just save the cash and go to Japan.

Perisher.

Sounds familiar.

Wasn’t there a disaster there a little while back?

Perisher Digs.
Perisher.

i knew a girl who liked skiing.

All the resorts have on mountain accomodation. For about a hundred to hundred and fifty extra a night.
I’m happy enough to drive…

If you do it once a year then the extra expense is worth it.

Do not want to waste a second out there.

Car/bussing it to the fields from the resort is rooted.

I want a place where I can ski out of my room, down the hall to the buffet, grab a ham + cheese croissant and then out the door with a maximum of 200m to the chair lift.

Hot Ham

Is

Where

U

Can

Do

This

I want a place where I can ski out of my room, down the hall to the buffet, grab a ham + cheese croissant and then out the door with a maximum of 200m to the chair lift.

Depends how much $ you wanna drop.

Aussie fields compared to almost anywhere would be a disappointment.

Having recently been skiing in Hokkaido Japan, I was told by people who have skied both that the Australian fields will be a bitter disappointment.

Should have gone to Perisher first.

That joint sounds like it’s pro terrain. I’m a puffed up beginner if you know what I mean. I could get killed up there.

Diggers, try a trip to get to Kicking Horse from Banff. Great terrain, awesome snow and no people. My favourite outside of Japan.
Kicking Horse, eh? Will check it out. Thanks for the tip.

Diggers, try a trip to get to Kicking Horse from Banff. Great terrain, awesome snow and no people. My favourite outside of Japan.

Hey Digs, where in Canada are you going?
Banff*

*subject to change

How does the snow at Perisher compare to Falls/ Hotham?

Much the same. Perisher’s a bit higher (basically next mountain over from Kosciusko) so maybe slightly better?

We’ve been to Perisher 3 times, and Falls twice, all in August and plenty of snow although most of it man-made.

They’re all crap at the moment.