Skiing in Victoria

Perisher.

Sounds familiar.

Wasn’t there a disaster there a little while back?

Yep. Ran out of butterscotch schnapps by 10.30 one night and had to hit the Jaegermeister!!!

Laughed heartily just then.
The first joint we stayed in at Perisher had "Schnappy hour" from about 6pm until whenever the manager's wife convinced him to stop handing them out half price, normally about 8 but anywhere up to 10pm. Was enjoyable. There's a Schnapps distillery just out of Jindabyne.

Perisher (when you include the other couple of small resorts just down the road) is about triple the size of Falls, Digs.

Just more of everything. More accommodation options too, so most stuff is cheaper, and if you’re looking to save a lot, you can stay in Jindabyne (bout a 45min drive) and drive up every day.

If you’re flying anyway - and I’m assuming you’re not mental enough to drive from your country - it’s under 3 hours drive from Canberra, so closer than any of the Vic resorts from Melbourne.

9 hours from Melbourne and we still do the drive.

skiing - it's a workout, not a holiday.

But the Canadian hot tub makes it all worth it.

that could persuade a man…

Perisher.

Sounds familiar.

Yep. Ran out of butterscotch schnapps by 10.30 one night and had to hit the Jaegermeister!!!

Laughed heartily just then.

But the Canadian hot tub makes it all worth it.

skiing - it’s a workout, not a holiday.

only if you fall a lot haha.

Perisher.

Sounds familiar.

Mount Macedon has snow on it, not sure if you can ski.

I’m heading out for a hike on Monday to the Cathedral ranges buuuuut I don’t know what they expect. May get snow boots

If there’s snow, you can ski it.

If you want a snow report ring the Melbourne footy club,they will have all the latest news

There are some blokes down at Arden St. who are pretty keen skiers. Think they only go downhill though.

I have a season pass for Falls Creek that also gets me into Hotham, so yeah, I’ll be up there from time to time.

Where’d you go in Japan Digs??

I went to a place in BC called Powder King. Since then I have never been able to bring myself to pay to ski anything less than neck deep powder.
...saaaahhh much better than all us plebs.

Stayed at Sapporo on Hokkaido in Jan 2015.

9+ metres of the nicest powder you’ll find anywhere.

We had children in tow so chose Club Med. Ski in/out, all meals (p*ss as well if required), lift passes, gear hire, lessons. Cracking staff. We’d never stayed at a Club Med facility before so found the experience a little confronting at first but quickly got up to speed with it and had a ripping stay.

Plenty of novice and intermediate runs but a limited number of black runs for the advanced skier/boarder. A number of chair lifts also so you hardly had to wait.

I recommend this venue and location with vigour for those with children and or limited experience on the snow. If you’re looking for an authentic Japanese resort experience then Club Med isn’t for you but if you like your holdiday in english then it will suit perfectly.

We’re heading back in Jan 2016 but are staying in the Hakuba region of Nagano on the main island of Honshu. I’m told the snow is as good as on Hokkaido but with a fair bit more to do outside the resort.

Can’t wait.

IMO if you are after the best cover of snow & most black runs in Oz, then you can’t go past Hotham.

Pretty ■■■■ compared to overseas but for Oz it’s the best we can muster.

I know most Victorians may not have been there, but Perisher is pretty cool for sheer scale — no getting stuck on the same route over and over.

Any resorts in Tasmania?

Should be considering you can see Antarctica from there.

Any resorts in Tasmania?

Should be considering you can see Antarctica from there.

Give global warming a couple of years.

I know most Victorians may not have been there, but Perisher is pretty cool for sheer scale — no getting stuck on the same route over and over.
*cough* As I was saying to Digglet the other page, if you're coming interstate anyway, may as well go the whole hog and go Perisher.

Buller was pretty average, but meant to be half a metre snow over the next week.