Skiing in Victoria

You want snow?
Powder?
The whole place to yourself?

Powder King, BC

Best place I ever been.

Iā€™m writing that down.

Tomorrow wouldnā€™t be a bad day for some ā€œexerciseā€ā€¦ Buller cams looks amazing this morning.

2 Likes

Same for lake mtn

everywhere. Even Baw Baw got a solid dusting and will get coated over the next 2 days. If not for lockdown, Iā€™d be driving somewhere tomorrow for sure for a hike and ski.

Shame itā€™ll be washed away within a few weeks and mean ā– ā– ā– ā–  all save for the few locals that live on the hills.

1 Like

Had a free ski at lake mtn last year week before QBD. Was a good dump. No entry fees, no trail fees, and they had groomed most trails! Hardly anyone was about.

1 Like

I read an article yesterday about Aldiā€™s decision to cancel itā€™s much anticipated Ski Gear mega sale this year due to the current circumstances and you wouldnā€™t (or would) believe all the moaning going on in the comments section.

It stirred up some very strong emotions.

I was shattered when I heard the news last week. But of course I can understand the reasons why.

We should be right for this year regardless, got enough gear for the kids that still fit, next year will need to re-stock for the oldest.

1 Like

Hotham socials. sad reacs only. will go to waste.

3 Likes

is that now?

Yes. This morning.

Look through the rest of the images for that Instagram. Mt Buller.

1 Like

got some skis sorted thenā€¦

1 Like

The black crows.

1 Like

wonder who he borrowed them fromā€¦ good to know people.

1 Like

Iā€™m surprised he went so unprepared!

1 Like

The man should have a pair at his disposal at all times, given his line of work.

Tomorrow will be some kind of day for this time of year!

1 Like

I skiied a bunch when I was in my teens. My secondary school even had an active club that went on a couple of trips a month on Friday nights. I was a full blown participant until I graduated. Unfortunately I didnā€™t ski very much again for a very long time after that.

When I moved back to the US, I found myself within 60-90 minutes drive of some of the best skiing on the planet. Breckenridge, Keystone, Copper Mountain, Vail, Loveland, A-Basinā€¦

I got to enjoy it for exactly one season. I had an accident at Breckenridge and sprained my right knee badly enough that I couldnā€™t walk and had to be towed on a sled. I havenā€™t put on a pair of skis since :frowning:

Someone forgot to tell me that it was a lot harder to brake when you were 20 years older and 30 kg heavier.

On the other hand, I donā€™t miss living there now quite as much as I probably would have.

1 Like

Also, fast forward 20 years and Vail now owns a number of mountains.

Iā€™ve chased winter around the globe with my snowboard, havenā€™t managed to get on the slopes in the last 2 years though. I feel like more and more Australians are coming over every year to ride the mountains where i live.

Pretty wicked that you lived so close to those mountains in the U.S though.

1 Like

Vail not charging folks for the balance of their Epic Pass this year given the uncertainty surrounding the future of the 2020 season. NSW government announced their season will go ahead, waiting on an announcement from Dan, which I expect will happen at some stage.

1 Like