So... should we mock those who wouldn't make plans for September?

Except north weren’t a soft opponent. They made prelim finals 2 years in a row at least didn’t they? Plus I remember it being talked up how we were a strong 1st half team and north were a strong 2nd half team and that’s exactly how the game went

2 Likes

In which case, if I recall correctly, we get in (they compare the games between the drawn teams).

That’s interesting.

In what way Dave?

Not only the EPL, all soccer leagues in Europe do it. TV broadcasters (since it is because of them that the AFL doesn’t) here offer the option to watch all the games live as a multiplex which can also be interesting for the spectators.
Anyway, the current AFL deal is signed through 2022 so nope… no change to expect before then!

Melbourne would get in.
Would get broken down into a mini table
Melbourne 2-0
Essendon 1-1
West Coast 0-2
Melbourne d Essendon by 38
Melbourne d West Coast by 3
Essendon d West Coast by 61

What would happen if Eagles beat Melbourne by 3?

And assume they dropped another game so they are still on the same wins

That’s all well & good for Port supporters but the rest of us have jobs to go to the next day …

10 Likes

Aren’t there 2 spots under this scenario

1 Like

I had a dream last night we were 46 points down at half time vs Freo.

Yes, was forgetting that so we would be in aswell.

We would top the mini group as it would come down to percentage from those 3 games.
I honestly don’t even know what the tie break rules are anymore or if they have even changed but at one point it came down to alphabetical order so we win!

1 Like

Good ploy. Will ensure that Joe is motivated to get enough goals in the second half to win the Coleman.

You even dream about our footy team in the negative??

Colour me surprised …

2 Likes

I just put in for Friday the 8th of September off

LID OFF

8 Likes

We capitulated a 6 goal lead midway through the 3rd quarter against a side who finished one spot ahead of us.

Lost by 12 mind you so a 8 goal turn around in the space of 45 mins in a final.

2 Likes

Losing Carlisle and Fletch really hurt for that game.

He could probably turn an Elle McPherson dream into a Carowhine nightmare too

Steinburg on brown will never leave my mind. FMD

13 Likes

Hurley on Brown this year didn’t prove anymore successful!