So... should we mock those who wouldn't make plans for September?

West coast run home is very similar to ours. I hope like hell do get up today, would be huge for us. If not I think winning 13 is a must

It hadnā€™t until YOU made this comment. Well done!

Essendon fans get ahead of ourselves.

Essington rears its head.

For proof see: brisbane loss.

5 Likes

My ladder predictor came up with.If we loose to adelaide and doggies we finish 8th and play the tigers. But if the Saints beat the tigers in Rd23 we donā€™t make finials.

I thought that was just implied, when do we ever plan to not beat FCFC!

I dont trust us, yet, to play 6 weeks of consistently good football.

Id be more confident if we played 5 teams above us!

12 Likes

Beat north next week and i might entertain the thoughts of finals.

We need to to show that we can turn up and beat the teams lower than us onthe ladder.
Im nOt even concerned about % just win against north, freo, blues.

Our best is good enough to winallgames bar crows, but expect to drop at least another game, possible dogs, altho i feel they will miss finals.

Thatā€™s correct. We get 13 wins we are comfortable. 12 wins and we are relying on other teams falling over.

I have no faith weā€™ll make finals or even beat North this weekend .Thatā€™s what Essington has done to me. I was even worried in the last when St.Kilda kicked the first few and we were 6 goals up, how sad is that. Thatā€™s what Essington has done to me. Put away North like we should, and then beat a weak Bulldogs side and then we can talk. We donā€™t have to worry about other teams losing yet, win our games and weā€™re there and get a home final. Let Essington return and itā€™s 9th-12th.

7 Likes

EFA

1 Like

The only thing that could stop Essendon making the eight in 2017 is ā€¦ Essendon (aka known as Essington).

1 Like

Iā€™m making plans but will be happy to cancel if the need arises

If we beat North then Dogs I will feel confident then, surely we would at least split the remaining games from there.

Yep. Iā€™d say donā€™t invest much time going through scenarios till we lock in the next two as wins. Beat North and Dogs, finals are very much a thing. I wouldnā€™t get too pumped till then.

We will lose to north and beat Adelaideā€¦ this is how we work.

7 Likes

The dogs in 2 weeks is absolutely vital. The winner of that probably plays finals

2 Likes

Looking at the dees draw, I personally think they may miss

3 Likes

I reckon Melb have the easiest run out of all the clubs vying for the last couple of spots.

They have:
Port
NM
GWS
StK
Lions
Coll

Should win at least 4 of those.

Melbourne are playing their bogey teams (North and St Kilda).

Theyā€™ve got so many injuries, I can imagine them losing to Port. Theyā€™ll most likely lose to GWS.

And Collingwood will be 50/50.

The only thing that matters now is to turn up this weekend and get it done against a side that has been far tougher than us for years.

4 Likes