So... should we mock those who wouldn't make plans for September?

1 Like

Yes, but with 12 wins weā€™ll be relying on someone else tripping up.

All the teams fighting for a place in the eight have lost games this year that they might have won. That has been the nature of this season with so many sides so evenly matched. Our team is on the rise at last and we have had a thrilling ride so far. I hope it continues into September.

3 Likes

Yes, Melbourne would have to lose to the Saints, but then they would become a serious challenger with a good chance to finish on 13 wins.
Even then, the Dees could still get us on %

WCE could beat the Crows in the last game, who may have top spot parcelled up, then their % would possibly surpass ours as they will pick up % on the Blues that we didnā€™t on Saturday.

Itā€™s fkn close !
We need to win this coming Saturday nightā€¦

Nah, I reckon getting belted in a final will serve just fine as a motivator for getting to the next level.
Of course if we miss this year but make it next year, we will probably lose in the first week to the Dees or Saints because THEY got some finals experience this year.

Why not make the finals & then also have the necessary clean out?
If you reckon Kelly, Jobe, Stants, Buddha etc are going around next year, you havenā€™t been paying attention.

2 Likes

Loose a final by a few points and watch them all clamber for an extra year.

Yes, better to tighten a final by a few points.

1 Like

They can clamber all they like, I reckon this year is the time that Woosha starts putting lines through peopleā€™s names & living up to his reputation as a hard bastardo.

eg Jerrett with a broken leg, too bad son, you are out!

1 Like

Why 12 wins?

Every game of footy relies on someone winning and someone losing.

Is anyone else of the same feeling that if we missed the finals, thats the footy year over? I just wouldnā€™t have the interest or care what happens, especially with so many interstate sides. I donā€™t think Iā€™d bother watching another final until the GF, and thats only cause we make a day of it - BBQ, kick the footy, etc. I mean, if Adelaide, Port, GWS or Sydney in it, does anyone care?

I havenā€™t watched a GF since the saga began.

Oops, that was supposed to quote bennyā€™s post.

2 Likes

Once we are done Iā€™m pretty much done. Might sneak a look at the GF if Iā€™m at a pub but wouldnā€™t go out of my way to watch any finals

3 Likes

Personally, I still watch all the games. Love finals atmosphere/pressure

Close games with 5 mins to go really test a players mettle

6 Likes

Any of Joe/Zakka/Tippa having 2 running bounces and drilling one from 50 to seal a finals win at the G, and Iā€™ll probably fall off the balcony

5 Likes

Yep. Definitely need to move a few on, regardless of where we end up.

I mentioned awhile back that there were rumours about McVeigh and a Sam Mitchell type deal at Essendon and having spoke to someone this morning he canā€™t confirm it is us but McVeigh has definitely been in touch with a Melbourne based club over the last week and a bit and talks are ongoing.

1 Like

Kelly replacement?

Ready made replacement for Kelly if he hangs up the boots.

I was wondering what small back we have in reserve with Baguley and Kelly near the end.

McGrath, McKenna, Gleeson, McNeice
Is there still potentially a spot for A Heppell,
Have we been scouting the Tiwi looking for the next Tippa/Long/Rioli as a Rookie B list option.

2 maojor scenarios need to play out and Essendon will be in finals. Win at least 2 of 3 and rely on the Saints to beat the Dees this week.

If this eventuates, thereā€™s a very strong likelihood of Essendon, St Kilda and Melbourne finishing on 12 wins and separated only by percentage. Eagles will struggle against GWS and Adelaide.

If they lose to Adelaide this week letā€™s hope itā€™s not by a lot. Of course, a win will do the trick. Go Bombers!

2 Likes