So... should we mock those who wouldn't make plans for September?

I assume the logic is that with a difference of 1.2% and us playing GC/Freo vs them playing GWS/Adelaide, that it is unlikely we don’t make up that difference.

West coast are cooked. Won’t beat Crows or GWS, don’t care where they play them. If saints get up tomorrow, I think we make it. Dogs no certainty to win another game either. If port win next week we’re assured provided we win our two. Winning by decent margins would also help.

2 Likes

Teams who leave a player 50 metres goal side for a full minute when the game is on the line don’t deserve fin a ls

We are the stupidest footy team in the league by miles, we hand the opposition easy goals and aren’t beaten on merit we literally throw the game way with the inability to do the basics like spoil a high ball or not let our opposition number get constant give and goes with out chasing

We have some great players that hide how lazy half the team is and how stupid they are

Yep. Right now if we’d score 24 more points we’d be ahead of WCE.

If we win the next two weeks, and WCE only win one of their two games versus GWS (away) and Adelaide (home), surely we make up that margin.

2 Likes

After seeing the Howlett free kick, I don’t even care. Premier league for me.

2 Likes

Dees will win tomo, they will look more fragile against the pies or even the lions I reckon. But 8th is now theirs to lose. Reckon they will lose one though. So we can ■■■■■■ 8th. Dogs could easily cough up a game as well.

We need to put our next two away.
Merrett back in the side will make a big difference.

We have the two worst teams in the comp in the next two weeks. No reason we can’t have the best percentage on 12 wins, then it’s in the hands of the footy gods.

They owe us one.

1 Like

How’s that going for you so far?

1 Like

In the 20+ years of following it, no knee jerk rule changes during a season. So ok.

My team is shiteee though.

Sydney pulverising Freo and the cats bearing Richmond as good as locked Sydney intuitive 5th unless they beat the crows next week. We’ll finish the year on 12 wins in a year when 13 could have got you top 4.

NO.

1 Like

Feel like we may end up slipping in the 8 but will have to play port or swans away first up anyway

Need Bulldogs and WC to lose their last two.
And we win, obv.
I don’t see how we miss if that happens.

Bulldogs only need to lose one

We’ll have their percentage covered

Same with eagles. Will probably lose both but even if they lose one, we’ll still probably get them on percentage

1 Like

My take is the only hope left is Saints beating Dees today, we will also need to win both last games comfortable and other things still need to happen. Its probably done now, I hope those two losses, ESPECIALLY the lions one burns them through the next pre season. Im pretty happy with the year overall. We have plenty to look forward too. Next trade period is the most important one for us in a decade.
We were two wins from contending for top four with one of the most potent forward line in the comp. Thats pretty mind boggling when you take our worst losses into account

I will add, if the Dees lose today, they could be in a pretty worrying slump, which means the pies could knock them off in the last round. What we need to do now is to be ruthless for these last two games

Definitely not out of the finals race. We need one of two 50/50 results to go our way however:

Either the Saints beat the Dees, or the Hawks beat the dogs (preferably both happen though)

1 Like

So it comes down to the following non Essendon games that will make or break our push for finals:

Round 21 - Demons v Saints
Demons win, then they must lose against Lions or Collingwood.
Saints win, they must lose against North or Tigers.

Preference is for a Saints win as the Tigers game is more loseable. Demons could easily lose against the Pies though.

Round 22 - Bulldogs v Port
Bulldogs lose and we can make the 8 regardless of who wins between Dees and Saints. Unlikely against a Port team that is down at the moment.

Dees v Lions
Is it possible? Can the Dees lose this? Anything is possible as Lions have been brave, but yeah nah.

Round 23 - Pies v Dees
If the Pies continue their winning streak… who knows? Dees have had the edge in these encounters though.

Hawks v Bulldogs
The Hawks can do us a favour here and a big one at that. Will take away the concern around the other games seeing its a Friday night game.

Saints v Tigers
It was not long ago when the Saints absolutely smashed the Tigers, why cant it happen again. If they win the next 3 including this match (and assuming Bulldogs win every game) then it is % between us and the Dees. My predictions have it as only 0.5% if a difference therefore it is down to the wire.

Summary: Assuming we win every game with a 12-30 point margin in each, we have matches in the next 3 weekends which can go our way and give us a finals berth. Is Lady Luck with Essendon???

1 Like

Will be furious if WC make it. Not only did we beat the farkers to a pulp, they have been a completely average-rubbish side all year, clocking up wins - sometimes ugly ones - against shitee sides at home. If they creep into the 8 - unlikely given their last two weeks are gws and adelaide - they will be seriously making up the numbers, we would offer a far better showing in a final I’d have thought.

2 Likes

You fooled me with your user_name.

3 Likes

The biggest result for us is port beating bulldogs

Obviously we need to win our two

I think we’ll get in if that happens