So who didn't get picked?

Would Thorpe be worth a look for a backup forward?

Would Thorpe be worth a look for a backup forward?

I think we should go with Nickyd's opinion on this.

Hourigan looks machine, How didn't he get picked up, We have to go for this kid.

Hourigan looks machine, How didn't he get picked up, We have to go for this kid.

Hasnt been picked up 2 years running.
Has been good in the games ive seen him play.
Dont know why he has been overlooked again

Do we get Jydon Neagle as a 'pre-listed' rookie?
We might only have one pick in the rookie draft.

We did not.

Jydon afaik has an offer on the table to play for Essendon VFL next year if he wants to.

Ditto Jedd Clothier if someone else doesn't rookie him.

Refer to my last post...

I’d really like Eli Templeton but he doesn’t really fill a need.

DOB 18/9/95. Just turned 18 so don't know how he could've been picked up last year.

DOB 18/9/95. Just turned 18 so don't know how he could've been picked up last year.
Not sure, just know there has been plenty of talk over here regarding it with plenty of people surprised by him being overlooked.

Not sure, just know there has been plenty of talk over here regarding it with plenty of people surprised by him being overlooked.

Wonder if Bass will be in Disco and Kean's ear coming up to the rookie draft?

Grab Heppell's Brother, if he is half as good we have done well.

Eli Templeton: The Tasmanian midfielder was unlucky to miss out but runs well, kicks well and had a good season. Has some AFL qualities.

James Battersby: A half-back flanker who had a great under-18 championships for South Australia. Collects possessions, is solid with the ball and has a mature frame.

Darcy Hourigan: Won All Australian honours after a standout NAB AFL Under-18 Championships campaign as a key forward, kicking 16 goals. Big and strong.

Kayne Turner: Linked to North Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs in the lead-up to the draft, the young hard-at-it midfielder remains a chance to be selected next week.

Blaine Johnson: Thumping right-footer who presents hard at the ball and sticks marks. Kicked 11 goals for Western Australia at the under-18 championships.

Fraser Fort: A tall defender who made some progress at the end of the season. Can also shift forward and kicked 14 goals at TAC Cup level. Is competitive and stands 196cm, a good size for a developing player.

Darcy Cameron: The ruckman was seen as a chance to get selected at the national draft but missed out. His best chance is as a rookie, with clubs more likely to take one in that spot and let them develop.

Matthew Sully: Mature-ager who improved in the VFL this year for Geelong. At 20 clubs know what they're getting and have seen his development in 2013. Powerful key defender.

These are all potential rookies. Hourigan and Cameron sound like the most suitable to our needs IMO.

Looks like some decent pick ups, but assume all will be gone by our first rookie selection.

Not sure how bad his injuries are but would like to see us take a chance on Cameron Conlon.

I always read that as Cameron Colon.
It's getting frustrating.
He's an ■■■■■■■■ apparently

No, he is not! But he is very close with one.

James Tsitas is someone that I was surprised didn't get selected. If for some reason Essendon really doesn't rate the talls available and takes a ruck and a small with the rookie picks, he would be a good addition. Does anyone know if Tayte Pears has signed yet? 

Not yet

James Tsitas is someone that I was surprised didn't get selected. If for some reason Essendon really doesn't rate the talls available and takes a ruck and a small with the rookie picks, he would be a good addition. Does anyone know if Tayte Pears has signed yet? 

Tsitas ran hideously slow sprint times at camp apparently.  His 5m was slow, his 20m was just dreadful.  I reckon that's why clubs overlooked him (plus a certain amount of lack of hurt factor by foot, but it was his speed that I think was the killer)

He MIGHT get rookied but I suspect he might have to work his way through the VFL.  And yeah, I rated him as top 30 after seeing him play, the kid has talent, but the state leagues are full of talented slow mids lacking athleticism...

Watching the televised Vic country game he was one that stood out. I didn’t get the impression he was slow. There were some that were a lot more hyped and that got drafted that I couldn’t see what all the fuss was about. Then again I would have rated Honeychurch as the best SFwd/Mid and he got drafted at 60. It obviously that club don’t see these players as being able to take the next step.

Max King with our second pick.

Big athletic ruckman/forward prospect.

Ledger, Conlon… Tippa…

What’s clear is that clubs really didn’t rate the 18yo talls. When Cameron Wood is getting picked up before any 18yos it means clubs *really * didn’t rate the 18yos