So who didn't get picked?

There is still the pre-season draft to go.
GWS are taking Jed Lamb.

Do the teams that passed on picks get selections or are they saving the list spot for 'elevated rookies' or additional rookie spots?

GWS passed 5 picks - 1 spot for Jed Lamb
Sydney passed 2 picks - cannot afford to use the last two picks
Carlton passed 2 picks - for memory they cannot afford to use their last two picks and are keeping 1 spare list spot for Jarryd Cachia
Richmond passed 2 pick - ???
Collingwood passed 1 pick - I'm pretty sure they are holding the last spot for Kyle Martin

Wouldn't they have rookied him, if they wanted him on the main list?

I can't see how clubs would not be able to afford first years.

Clubs might be looking at delisted guys who didn't get drafted - there's another round of free agency coming up.
{pretty sure also you have to pass before you can upgrade a rookie, unsure why for eg Richmond passed on 2 picks before moving Petterd up -  so they only have 1 list spot open}

List numbers just confuse the crap out of me now, with DFA etc etc it's hard to work out sometimes

Carlton have left spare spots so that they can upgrade players in March before the season starts. Cur now has been promoted twice that way. I believe they do it because when the go from rookie to senior, they have to hit a minimum wage level and sign a two year minimum contract. Teams sometime prefer to wait until the rookie contract expires.
Not sure how teams were allowed to pass prior to the upgraded picks. Maybe those upgrade picks were set before draft and to save confusion, they allowed teams to pass earlier.

The rookie pick has to be your last open spot I think. So in our case, 3 spots = 2 live picks then upgrade

Their case, 7? spots = 3 live picks, 2 pass, 2 upgrades

A ruck and a tall for me.

No idea who, but I’ll go

Darcy Cameron and Nick Prowse

Cameron the ruck, Prowse the 199cm key forward who can take a contested mark but is way too skinny.

If there are mature types we like, all the better…

What about Darcy Hourigan touted as the best forward behind the number 1 pick this year. All Aussie who kiced 16 goals and already looks like a monster

Eli Templeton: The Tasmanian midfielder was unlucky to miss out but runs well, kicks well and had a good season. Has some AFL qualities.

James Battersby: A half-back flanker who had a great under-18 championships for South Australia. Collects possessions, is solid with the ball and has a mature frame.

Darcy Hourigan: Won All Australian honours after a standout NAB AFL Under-18 Championships campaign as a key forward, kicking 16 goals. Big and strong.

Kayne Turner: Linked to North Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs in the lead-up to the draft, the young hard-at-it midfielder remains a chance to be selected next week.

Blaine Johnson: Thumping right-footer who presents hard at the ball and sticks marks. Kicked 11 goals for Western Australia at the under-18 championships.

Fraser Fort: A tall defender who made some progress at the end of the season. Can also shift forward and kicked 14 goals at TAC Cup level. Is competitive and stands 196cm, a good size for a developing player.

Darcy Cameron: The ruckman was seen as a chance to get selected at the national draft but missed out. His best chance is as a rookie, with clubs more likely to take one in that spot and let them develop.

Matthew Sully: Mature-ager who improved in the VFL this year for Geelong. At 20 clubs know what they're getting and have seen his development in 2013. Powerful key defender.

These are all potential rookies. Hourigan and Cameron sound like the most suitable to our needs IMO.

This is from the AFL website regarding Hourigan:

After a sensational NAB AFL Under-18 Championships with South Australia which earned him All-Australian honours, Hourigan could well be the next key forward picked after the man widely touted as the No.1 pick, Tom Boyd. Hourigan is a physical beast, a strong-bodied forward who has experience playing senior SANFL football with South Adelaide which will set him up for an immediate start next season. Hourigan kicked 16 goals for SA in the U18s including a bag of five against Queensland. Against Vic Metro, he took nine marks, had five inside 50s and kicked three goals in a day which highlighted his credentials. 

He's actually 192cm, so not really a tall. 

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-20/darcy-hourigan

This is from the AFL website regarding Hourigan:
After a sensational NAB AFL Under-18 Championships with South Australia which earned him All-Australian honours, Hourigan could well be the next key forward picked after the man widely touted as the No.1 pick, Tom Boyd. Hourigan is a physical beast, a strong-bodied forward who has experience playing senior SANFL football with South Adelaide which will set him up for an immediate start next season. Hourigan kicked 16 goals for SA in the U18s including a bag of five against Queensland. Against Vic Metro, he took nine marks, had five inside 50s and kicked three goals in a day which highlighted his credentials.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-20/darcy-hourigan

Could replace Crameri then as the third tall.

How is that not a tall?

Do we still have a PSD pick and 2 rookie picks or just two rookie picks? How does it work again, is it say u pass a pick in the DRAFT then that becones a PSD pick? In confusing myself and have gone blank

Do we still have a PSD pick and 2 rookie picks or just two rookie picks? How does it work again, is it say u pass a pick in the DRAFT then that becones a PSD pick? In confusing myself and have gone blank

We have 2 rookie picks and that's all.  We did not pass on any ND picks, which is the only way you get PSD picks.

There is still the pre-season draft to go.
GWS are taking Jed Lamb.
Do the teams that passed on picks get selections or are they saving the list spot for 'elevated rookies' or additional rookie spots?
GWS passed 5 picks - 1 spot for Jed Lamb
Sydney passed 2 picks - cannot afford to use the last two picks
Carlton passed 2 picks - for memory they cannot afford to use their last two picks and are keeping 1 spare list spot for Jarryd Cachia
Richmond passed 2 pick - ???
Collingwood passed 1 pick - I'm pretty sure they are holding the last spot for Kyle Martin

Wouldn't they have rookied him, if they wanted him on the main list?
I can't see how clubs would not be able to afford first years.
Clubs might be looking at delisted guys who didn't get drafted - there's another round of free agency coming up.
{pretty sure also you have to pass before you can upgrade a rookie, unsure why for eg Richmond passed on 2 picks before moving Petterd up - so they only have 1 list spot open}
List numbers just confuse the crap out of me now, with DFA etc etc it's hard to work out sometimes

I don't think so, we upgraded dalgleish with whatever out next pick was after 55. I think the reason for the Richmond scenario is rookie upgrades must be nominated before hand, so clubs always nominate to use their last pick in case they need to use the earlier ones, and that decision might be made on the day based on who has been picked and who they might be thinking of for pre season or rookie drafts. I'm certainly no expert though.

Don't get too hung up on Baulderstone. I'm not sold on him.

Another note, I'd honestly do anything to draft Willie Rioli. Rather him than Garlett, fair dinkum

I think drafting Willie Rioli over Garlett is better. We get more Kgs per pick #

What about Darcy Hourigan touted as the best forward behind the number 1 pick this year. All Aussie who kiced 16 goals and already looks like a monster

Just looking purely at his highlights he didn't seem to kick too many 'big man' goals.
Mainly crumbling and sneaking out the back types. Could this be a reason he was overlooked?

Do we get Jydon Neagle as a ‘pre-listed’ rookie?

We might only have one pick in the rookie draft.

Just looking purely at his highlights he didn't seem to kick too many 'big man' goals.
Mainly crumbling and sneaking out the back types. Could this be a reason he was overlooked?
Thats 2 years in a row he has been overlooked, the recruiters are obviously not impressed with him. May go as a rookie this year

Do we get Jydon Neagle as a 'pre-listed' rookie?

We did not.

Jydon afaik has an offer on the table to play for Essendon VFL next year if he wants to.

Do we get Jydon Neagle as a 'pre-listed' rookie?

We did not.
Jydon afaik has an offer on the table to play for Essendon VFL next year if he wants to.

I hope he does.

Thats 2 years in a row he has been overlooked, the recruiters are obviously not impressed with him. May go as a rookie this year

He was only eligible as of this year... what are you on about?

He was only eligible as of this year... what are you on about?
it's fair to say that it's no coincidence that this kid has remained undrafted for the past decade and a half. There has to be a reason.