Something Rotten in Denmark

Make it a 15 second rule and then nobody gaf.

Or just stop the clock, then they can take as long as they like.

Or just play on from marks.

Make it a 15 second rule and then nobody gaf.

GC and GWS are 25-year projects for the AFL. Chalking them up as failures at this stage is like yelling at a toddler because they don't have a job.

AFL bringing the game into disrepute? Fine them…

games last 6 days, unlimited rotations.
6-hour quarters
Shot clock still banned for the last two minutes?

6-hour quarters

Three divisions: you play your mob twice (10 games) and the other mobs once (12 games). 6 or 9 teams make the finals.

(At this stage we’re trolling, even if there is merit to it.)

Every team plays each other three times.

51 round season.

1 vs 2 on New Years Eve for the Premiership.

New season starts the next day.

$$$$$$$$

Trade week becomes trade minute.

SPEED ROUND: GO!

51 round season.

$$$$$$$$

Trade week becomes trade minute.

51 round season.

$$$$$$$$

Stop mucking around with conferences!!!

18 teams. 17 rounds. Its the easiest, fairest, cleanest way to do it. End. Of. Story.

Re the stupid shot-clock thing. I’d actually infinitely prefer it if they went back to a count-up clock in all broadcasts (including TV broadcasts). It is (or used to be) one of the unique aspects of our game that you never know when the siren is going to be blown, and adds an enormous amount of excitement when you’re at the game (if you haven’t been told by the jerk sitting next to you how long there is to go.)

And get rid of the shot-clock. Leave it to the umpire to call play on if a player is wasting time, you know, the same way its been done for 100+ years.

Every team plays each other twice.

They then split into three conferences.

The top 6 teams play off for ladder position and finals draw
The middle 6 complete for the last 2 positions in the finals
The bottom 6 compete for draft position

How does the revised 'shot clock' rules make any sense?

So you get 30 seconds after a mark.

And that’s shown on screen all quarter.

Except the last 2 minutes of the quarter.

At which point the umpire can decide whether you’re just ‘wasting time’ or not and tell you to play on, should they look to the screen and see there’s no shot clock and know it’s the last two minutes.

I assume the “third ump” will be telling them in their ear

That would have been the logical first step, not the public shot clock. But someone decided to go for the “sexy” option, and so we have patch upon patch upon patch.

At least now runners won’t need to go around saying “there’s only two minutes left”…

Wouldn't a fair draw be playing everyone twice? Home and away.

Well, yeah, but that makes it a 34 round home and away season, plus finals. Bit of a big ask.

I’d be very happy if they finally got rid of the nab challenge or whatever they call it these days and replace it with a couple of extra rounds of actual regular season games to help level out the draw a bit, but playing everyone twice just makes the season too long unfortunately.

So the Queensland team will be a Brisbane Bears / Fitzroy Lions / Gold Coast Suns amalgamation? Lol, great look that would be.
I I could BEAR LION in the SUN
How does the revised 'shot clock' rules make any sense?

At which point the umpire can decide whether you’re just ‘wasting time’ or not and tell you to play on, should they look to the screen and see there’s no shot clock and know it’s the last two minutes.

I assume the “third ump” will be telling them in their ear

How does the revised ‘shot clock’ rules make any sense?

Does that mean it’s going into a black hole to another dimension?
Above everything else the afl are doing to ■■■■ this game up, it’s the nfl model rip off that grates the most. We’re being dumbed down and just going along with everything they do. I nearly wept when I took sameolds Jr. to Auskick and the first thing the facilitator did was get them to “take a knee”.
Listening to dwayne russell is not something I do on purpose but if I have the misfortune of hearing him I’m pretty sure 100 angels perish somewhere.
I won’t be dictated by the afl any longer. Up the glory.

Travis Auld did a fantastic job building hiding drug use at the Gold Coast Suns. As evidenced by his promotion to the AFL Executive.

fixed

Travis Auld did a fantastic job building the Gold Coast Suns. As evidenced by his promotion to the AFL Executive.