Something seriously wrong with the club (Part 1, May 2019)

We need a reconciliation process where we properly deal with the saga, the impact and effect from it.

2 Likes

Smith captain
McGrath vice

1 Like

People don’t want to admit it but it still hurts this club and as long as anyone who had anything to do with it whether or not its their own fault is at the club it always will hurt the club

1 Like

Fark no!

■■■■ I hate it when self righteous supporters goes the “follow some other club” cliche.

8 Likes

I think the players are soft…they don’t seem to want to follow any game plan for any coach. They just want to wander round during the game getting easy kicks. We have tried a few new plans over the last 3 years and the players couldn’t make any work. Agree the whole culture of the club is crap but let’s not let the players off too easy, they showed no fight today and not for the first time

Gotta love the prevailing view of many in and around the AFL that its important this season proceeded to give people something to look forward to each week in a tough year.

Maybe for some. Not for me. It just makes everything worse. I’d be far less downcast if this season was called off back in March. I think that’s why I’ve been far less engaged. Self defence.

18 Likes

Ok…I’ll put you down as a “maybe“

3 Likes

We have to admit all the errors from it, including why we didn’t fight harder. Everyone on the Board, senior administrators should have left.

1 Like

Yep I would as well, technically would need to be traded as not out of contract this year.

1 Like

McGrath

Next cab off the rank you’d think

Life without football was genuinely the happiest I have been in years.

3 Likes

How does Xavier keep a job when he extends the contract of a coach prematurely and then appoints the next coach with no process. Who was circling for Rutten?

3 Likes

We are so sht, my Geelong supporting mates don’t even give me sht anymore after a game.

11 Likes

There was talk that Adelaide were taking him back I think.

With what we have been through, and continue to support this club emotionally and financially, we are entitled to expect better and say so.

1 Like

The idea that Adrian Dodoro would still have a job because he has dirt on the current CEO is fanciful. I guess he had dirt on Sheeds, Knights and Hird too?

Adrian Dodoro is a nobody. If he pulled ■■■■ and spilled dirt on the current CEO of the football club becuase he was given the ■■■■, he wouldnt be able to get a job in AFL ever again.

Even if he did have dirt, he needs the AFL more than it needs him. Last thing he would do is burn that bridge.

Smith is the 40th player on the list I’d choose as captain.

Hardly a ringing endorsement for him though. Caracella, I understand.

We do not have the players of Richmond ilk - skills, footy nous, work rate. We continue to try to push a square peg into a round hole. We cannot replicate what Richmond have done on the field. What we can to however, is a proper review and make the difficult decisions Richmond made. From there, the onfield success will follow.

1 Like