Something seriously wrong with the club (Part 3, August 2022)

Are you serious ?

We would be in an even deeper shitehole without Sheedy.

2 Likes

I assume that’s the agreement.

1 Like

Going by the evidence this year with senior players getting a free ride when it comes to selection, I wouldn’t hold my breath.

8 Likes

Never assume anything with this club

True. You can’t get rid of all senior players. Whether you think he’s a leader or not he has some value. It’s the other fringe players the club overrates that concerns me.

1 Like

The worst thing about this year is that Collingwood are 1st on the ladder and Fark Carlton are 5th and the form team.

I get that we aren’t as advanced as those teams, but after 20 years we farking should be!

6 Likes

This gets me really down. Especially fark carlton. They have been crap alongside us this whole time but have now gotten much better, whilst we are even worse. Pies are always up and about every few years so you get used to that.

4 Likes

pretty sure you assumed that last year too, like most did.

how’d that turn out ?
He ain’t playing vfl, I know people want to live in that delusional fairyland til next season so they have to resign themselves to knowing next year is gonna suck.

but legit no one can be this naive surely that they think hepp ain’t playing 24 weeks (if fit ) next season.

2 Likes

Im not doing that

For 2024, I’d be thinking and go with …

List cull:
Snelling
Shiel #
Stringer #
Kelly

= We’d be paying out at least part of their 2024 salary

Retirees:
Tippa
Phillips

On the 2024 watchlist i.e. they must progress
Perkins
Ried
Cox

That’s a bit rough on Heppell. He was All Australian, Rising Star, Crichton medalist. If he had have played more footy in his peak years of 2014-20 he’d be considered one of our greats. Saga and foot injury robbed us

1 Like

:100:…I can live with Hepps going around again if there was an imaginary agreement in place where he would lead a defence with names like Baldwin, Reid and hell, even Mass getting games into them. The issue is, it’s more likely going to be him lining up next Kelly and Lav again.

6 Likes

You know what’s sombering for this club.

If you did a combined ladder from 2019 to 2023, we would be sitting 6th last.

Over this period, we will likely only take one top 7 selection at the draft - Tsatas. Suns will likely have 6, North 5, Hawks 4, Crows 3.

Just classic Essendon that we suck at even being bad

6 Likes

Of course he wants to hang around and get the big bucks despite his weak form. He should show some leadership for once and pull the pin.

And for those saying he should play VFL: He would not even be any good “leading” the VFL side - he would set a bad example for them too

3 Likes

Missed a year due to saga, and in 2020 had foot injury, but besides that hardly missed a game.

Pendlebury is still a star and Heppell isn’t.

2 Likes

How can we take it seriously Billy, if you don’t ??

Did you know pendelz plays basketball?

4 Likes

Where’s Stewart, Lord, Guelfi

2 Likes

Basketball gives you muscles

A player doesn’t need to have been a ‘star’ to warrant an extra year post 30.
Hepps is on the slide no question.
Wouldn’t surprise to see Pendles drop off next year.