Something seriously wrong with the club (Part 3, August 2022)

We are Essendon and Brad Scott is coach. Do you really see it happening?

LMFAO

4 years and 4 months older.

My top 3 issues

Dodoro
Sheedy
Heppell and McGraths attitudes - So meek, nice and positive, absolutely zero hunger and fight between them, their calming aura is so off putting in an already soft environment.

We need some ruthless ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  desperately.

5 Likes

I think heā€™s earnt another year meh im ok with it

2 Likes

Well thatā€™s your call. I never name my sources on here and I donā€™t think many would. Anyway we know you get your stuff from Sheeds :laughing:

Many of the players are now in holiday mode. The supporters on the other hand, have smoke coming out of their ears watching the absolute rubbish dealt by the players.
It seems that near enough is good enough for the players. The players are simply not competing. At this rate, Brad Scott will still be saying and doing the same stuff in five years.

The supporters will start dropping off and some will stop paying memberships. Perhaps that is when the club will start to wake up and make some changes.

Next season, the coach needs to stop pandering and start dropping players who cannot or will not make the effort to compete. How long can a player be mediocre before they are dropped or let go? Standards have to be set otherwise, what is the point? This club is drowning in its own mediocrity.

2 Likes

After the debacle that was Saturday arvo, what does the club give us?

A Heppell extension and a farking seat belt guernsey.

Tone deaf club.

27 Likes

Pendlebury and Heppell donā€™t even belong in the same sentence.

5 Likes

He will be. We will do our best to give him that send off. From 15th.
Clearly there is still something seriously wrong with the club.

Donā€™t let the channel 7 commentary team find this out. Theyā€™ll keep bringing it up.

2 Likes

Youā€™re a lot more optimistic than me. I donā€™t assume that at all.

1 Like

What value?

I donā€™t care what other teams are doing. I care what we are NOT doing.
Culling our list to start with. Dead wood.

It breaks my heart that my son supports Geelong, but who can blame him. He is 20 and his team has won 4 premierships during his lifetime. We havenā€™t even won a final!

For at least 5 years, I have been waiting for Geelong to taper off and let us beat them so I can stop having to see his sympathetic but smug smile after we play them, but they always pump us!

And even with the fact that they slaughtered us twice this year they are still going to get a higher draft pick than us.

And the bloody worst part is, even knowing all of this, I am still going to rock up next year and support this club. There is something seriously wrong with meā€¦

14 Likes

And now he is past it.

4 Likes

And it is only curable by death.

2 Likes

giphy

2 Likes

why canā€™t you get rid of all the senior players ?
what are you worried about ?

are you worried about going 3-7 after the bye ? to finish mid table ?
are you worried about being belted by 126 points ?

what exactly is it that makes SO many worried about not culling the senior players, cos of this imaginery boogey man scenario that will happen, when the alternative to it, is doing exactly what we are doing, that yields absolutely ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  nothing ?

what are you lot so ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  scared of ?

do hawthorn people atm seem so scared about their deep cut list ? like the media ran with all preseason and the early part of the season ?
They also had a racism scandal running in the background.

And they sure as ā– ā– ā– ā–  look more likely to be back up the top of the ladder a hell of a lot sooner than we do.

So again what the ā– ā– ā– ā–  are you guys so scared about ?

6 Likes

@Stallion

1 Like