Something seriously wrong with the club (Part 3, August 2022)

tenor-3

I only care about our team and FC. Coz I hate them. I have feelings of complete indifference about every other team.

Yes they do. Iā€™ll give you a few

Pendlebury has achieved ten times more in his career than Heppell.
Heppell has 1/100th the winning desire than Pendlebury.
Heppell is Pendleburyā€™s b.itch on Anzac Day.

1 Like

It breaks my heart that my daughter supports Essendon. It kills me that she is rusted on and drags my ass to games when Iā€™ve had enough. Think you have done the right thing by having your son support Geelong. I was selfish and brainwashed my poor girl earlyā€¦

4 Likes

Whatā€™s worse is that she defends players and the club. Poor thing is young and doesnā€™t know that this club shouldnā€™t be defended and only knows a pathetic version of its selfā€¦ Apologies the GWS loss has made me really ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  off. I expected to lose but not in that mannerā€¦ Same ā– ā– ā– ā–  with Essendonā€¦

2 Likes

Exactly. I love Stringer, but he needs to go. He is exactly the type of player we need, but when he was ten years younger. Now he cant stay on the park.
Shiel needs to go. Heppell. Wright.
There will be more but I cant think of them.
Cox will probably never be big enough to not get pushed off the ball. McGrath will never be more than an adequate back pocket player.
None of them will be part of our next premiership.
What value are they adding now?
I really hope Iā€™m wrong but cant see it at the moment.

2 Likes

The players in our next premiership may not have even been born yet.

2 Likes

Package when he retires goes into the adult buisness

1 Like

You mean their parents.

4 Likes

I wonder what there win/loss career ratios are

I did try my best to get him to support Essendon, but every game I took him to when he was little had no atmosphere and we always lost.

I guess he was able to see what was ahead better than his old man.

1 Like

Similar story to my youngest. She just decided to not follow AFLā€¦
I do wonder if this ā– ā– ā– ā–  continues what happens with the membership base long termā€¦

3 Likes

The videos from training, in the rain, thanking supporters is a joke. Is that supposed to show us how dedicated they are to the cause? Get fkd!

10 Likes

Iā€™d argue heā€™s been in our top 3-4 players since June. Who else on the list has performed consistently at the required level?

Well thatā€™s me never seeing another flag then.

1 Like

Thatā€™s my point. He is no longer a consistently good player, he has poor disposal yet he has been one of our better players for sone weeks.
He is not the standard. We need to aim higher.

4 Likes

You canā€™t be want you canā€™t see we are devoid of a culture of success for so long they actually donā€™t know the standards.

2 Likes

Yep. Thought the marriage was over in the late 1990ā€™s. The debacle of 1999 sealed it for me.

Heppell: 110 - 2 - 122 = 47% winning
Pendelbury: 229 - 3 - 147 = 60.4% winning

Pendlebury vs Heppell is like comparing Federer to Kygrios.

8 Likes