Songs sadder than the state of the EFC

My Chemical Romance “Cancer”

1 Like
2 Likes

Have you never listened to Central Reservations?

Amazing album.

1 Like

Yep.

1 Like

Tongue way less in cheek than you might think.

Context is the key. For me nothing is more heart wrenching in music than vision of a great artist at their most vulnerable, and Nina was totally vulnerable in this performance, her life spinning out of control off stage. She’d fled racist America and a toxic relationship for Africa and now felt stateless as she featured at Montreux. I have no particular interest in the Janis Ian song and Feelings had been one of the songs I detested. Nina takes both of them and transforms them into extraordinary expressions of emotional turmoil, anchored always by her incredible pianistic skills, because otherwise it would fly out of control. Never fails to move me. Greatest live performer ever? Without a doubt.
PS A shame this clip leaves out the earlier minutes where her anger expresses itself in an attack on someone in the audience she considered disrespectful. Needed to watch your manners at a Nina concert, especially when she wasn’t medicated. How I wish I’d seen her live on such a date.

1 Like

Yeah should of been a merge, any way carry away MODS

Feel like I am talking to an empty space

1 Like

It’s okay to have a rebirth.

Well it should be merged, ■■■■ I started the sadness

1 Like

No feeling the vibe lately ■■■■ you alll

@mrjez is looking to run the next Blonde DJ in early November and has asked that we get a show of interest (he’s gone camping for the weekend)

Let me know if you’re interested…either via PM or tag me in the DJ King Thread.

(Regulars of the thread will have already been tagged over there…unless I forgot you)

Cheers