Songs sadder than the state of the EFC

Reckon I’ll have repeated myself.

1 Like

A couple from ol Tom. Both rippers IMO.

2 Likes

Don’t even need lyrics here.

Probs ditto!

Dave Bromberg’s version of Jerry Jeff Walker’s Mr Bojangles is slightly teary - to me anyway - when he he gets to ‘his dog up and died, up and died. After 15 years he still grieves’

1 Like

Not really a sad song as such…but it brings back memories of a great songwriter who was taken from us way too soon.

1 Like
6 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

I was thinking of this one, too. I was always kinda mesmerised by the video when I was a kid, but I never appreciated just how beautiful the song is until I was a bit older.

The animated film the song was written for - Watership Down - is really great too, in my opinion, as is Richard Adams’ novel. Highly recommended.

3 Likes

The Day You Went Away - the 2001 Comeback Game.
We never came back after that.

7 Likes

No one sings sad like Beth sings sad.

1 Like

Play loud in the early hours for loved ones lost

5 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

I was thinking of this one - Bright Eyes. We used to listen to Watership Down on tape all the time as kids.

I can’t listen to it now. Too sad, too nostalgic. Actually frightens me how sad it makes me. Perfect song for me in this context.

3 Likes
1 Like

Whatever happened to Beth Orton? I had Trailer Park. I think one of my ex-girlfriends must have taken off with it.

2 Likes

Typical of a certain style of song that comes out of the US, but its a very good example of it. The River - Bruce Springsteen.

3 Likes
1 Like