Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do”

Here are some more facts on the missing records, which were initially posted in a petition update.

It confirms records were at the club some stage.

Perhaps this is what Bomber was alluding too in his email to Evans pleading for help?

Witness #5 James Hird. Former player and coach, Essendon Football Club
James Hird claims he has seen evidence that Essendon players were administered the legal drug thymomodulin
“I’ve seen records of players having taken thymomodulin,” he said on Fox Footy’s AFL 360. "Those records were given to [then CEO] Ian Robson, who gave them to ASADA, and ASADA, my understanding is they have those records of Essendon players taking thymomodulin”.
When told that was “a big accusation”, Hird said: “It’s not an accusation, it’s a fact”.

Source: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/afl/essendon-coach-james-hird-keeps-up-the-fight-over-supplements-saga-and-asada-20150512-gh0c3s.html

Witness #6. Mark Thompson. Former player, assistant and coach, Essendon Football Club.
Mark Thompson backs James Hird’s ‘supplements paperwork’ claim Mark Thompson has backed James Hird’s claims there had been documents detailing Essendon’s 2012 injecting program – but he would not confirm the paperwork was handed to investigators.
Hird dropped a bombshell on Fox Sport’s AFL 360 program that evening, saying he had seen written records showing the 34 past and present players had been injected with legal substance thymomodulin, and that those documents had been handed to the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority.
Thompson, Hird’s former deputy who filled the senior coaching position in 2014, told the same television show he had seen the records Hird had described. He said he had seen a spreadsheet with “Thymomodulin” as a heading, listing players’ names and when they received doses. “[It showed] week one, week two and when they had it,” Thompson said.
But Thompson did not confirm it had been given to ASADA. “I don’t know where it was given, but I’ve seen it and I assume they took all the paperwork,” he said.
Source: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/afl/essendon-saga-mark-thompson-backs-james-hirds-supplements-paperwork-claim-20150514-gh1hag

Witness #7 Simon Madden. Former player and Essendon Football Club Board Member.

From an ABC TV interview with Libbi Gorr.

Gorr “…We don’t know what the players were injected with…”
Madden: “In actual…well…I don’t want this conversation taken out of context but…they, they actually do know”
Gorr “The do know, and so were records kept?”
Madden “Yes. One of the problems is there is 4 things…”
Gorr “…because you had joined the board after all this happened…”
Madden “I’ve joined the board after this happened so I wanted to educate myself on it, so rather than making a knee jerk reaction like a lot of people do, I wanted to find the truth and there were four things given to the players which were all above board. But what they can’t do, and this is the governance issue which Essendon have been hit for…”
Gorr “it’s the governance thing…”
Madden “…Is it do you take one two three and four, or one and one two and three, or did I take one one two four, that’s where the governance fall down. But of what was given is all, as far as I can say, was above board”.

Source: https://t.co/LjU4myVvtw

FYI: There are, in fact 8 credible witnesses stating Thymomodulin was used at the club. They were all ignored by The CAS.

39 Likes

I recall that some criticism was levelled at a financial body ( was it AMP?) for intervening in the drafting of an independent report on its activities.
Yet no public criticism of a monopoly sports federation intervening in the drafting of an interim report by a statutory agency or of the propriety of a statutory agency for permitting this. I assume that the players counsels - as well as those acting for the EFC officials under threat - were not afforded the same opportunity.
The process was corrupted, the evidence was tainted.
But don’t expect this to be under consideration as part of the Government’s sports integrity inquiry

6 Likes

It’s been a while since I have been here, nothing has changed it seems.

3 Likes

Hird is referring to the spreadsheet that Wallis reconstructed after the fact. ASADA argued it lacked credibility because it wasn’t prepared by the staff delivering the injections or at the time of the injection. Bomber backs the existence of that spreadsheet. Madden confirms that the extensive investigation uncovered all supplements taken. The missing pieces of information are how much of each of the supplements were taken by each player; and there is no evidence of where the thymosin was purchased, or evidence of AOD being purchased (but nobody cares about that).

The hysteria around ‘but we don’t know what the players were given’ continues because Dank is not talking and we don’t have invoices for supplements our incomplete and reconstructed records say the players were given. So he is hiding something as he has refused to help the players and the media can suggest that ‘something’ is anything they think makes a good story.

2 Likes

You still as angry as ever? Yeah me too

5 Likes

Since there’s been a bit of discussion around David Evans and his pre tip-off weekend activities, I was wondering if there’s any educated knowledge as to what point 32 of the ‘Background Facts’ in the CAS award is all about.

1. By September 2012, Essendon self-reported its concerns over an alleged supplements program being used by its players to the AFL and ASADA. Commencing February 2013, ASADA conducted its investigation into the program…

Dank left the club on September 4, 2012 and Hamilton left to much surprise on September 24.

1 Like

SWSNBN has just let loose on Bomba and Hird in defence of David Evans on Footy Classified. I can only assume the AFL are getting very worried about the fallout from Bomba’s email !

24 Likes

And may i add matthew Lloyd throughout it all did not say a word to stick up for his former team mates. Pretty pathetic effort Lloydy!

12 Likes

When they created FC, … was the mandate to get the 4 most redundant fools to ever speak about footy all together in one place?

I’d rather listen to Crawf & Hirdy have a Farting contest.

4 Likes

Deluded ramblings by her - she thinks his strategy to get the players off would have worked. Did the poor David line and how much he lost.
Quite a hit on Doc Reid also

Hutcho and the Witch are so ugly that they make Judd look attractive !

1 Like

Evans has the heavyweights of the footy world punching for him - Brayshaw and Caro.

5 Likes

And make no mistake, Lloyd is a Lloyd man, 1st last & always.

The EFC come a very distant 2nd, … if that.

2 Likes

These arseholes make me sick. Don’t forget that they destroyed Dean Bailey’s reputation because they needed a convenient scapegoat to be the face of tanking.

Poor bloke went to his grave trying to clear his name without luck.

They need to be exposed for what they are no matter how long it takes.

25 Likes

Good summary, should be bumped above the repeated stench of SWMNBN & Co.

What Wilson will never acknowledge is that the great friends at the AFL who Evans trusted to save the players were the very same people who served up the players by offering AFL investigative powers to ASADA - and that Hird was the one who pursued that through the courts ( after EFC dropped out and Evans with all his wealth nowhere in sight when the big battle was there to be fought)

7 Likes

And, that the AFL - the employer of the players - advised the CAS that it was appearing as a disinterested third party!

1 Like

Just a reminder of the scope of data collected during the investigation. Not a shred of evidence to suggest TB4 ingested by any player.

15 Likes

How do you know Hird was referring to a spreadsheet contructed after the fact rather than a contemporaneous one?

1 Like
  1. If the spreadsheet was prepared by Dank as it should’ve been there would have been no need for Wallis to reconstruct one;
  2. Dank has been interviewed multiple times and when he refers to the records which he ‘left behind’ he describes them as…with respect as extremely robust…he never once described the detail of these records to include anything that we didn’t already know ie the ‘records’ were generic and not player and injection specific as required by the AFL rules;
  3. Chip provides a convincing case that Dank is slack at organisation and record keeping as per player and others’ advice.

Hird never accused ASADA or anyone else of destroying records. Robbo chose to interpret his comment as controversial, when we already knew there was evidence our players took thymomodulin and that ASADA had this evidence and had already dismissed it as lacking credibility (rightly or wrongly). Hird was responding to the inane media line that ‘Essendon didn’t keep any records’ and ‘the players could’ve been given anything’ etc.