Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do”

That view is in rather poor taste.

6 Likes

16 clubs sucking off the AFL’s breasts and calling in favours when needed. Thanks for your non support.

The promise the players would be protected, that was another big fat lie. Hird was too naïve in the extreme in their midst. The AFL cannot even be trusted to keep their own lie, promises. As the trial goes to the Supreme Court let’s see if the stakes get higher, if they their lies hold each other to their false promises.

Who is the weakest leak in the group and who may crack first?

2 Likes

That would be enough for me to cancel my membership and cancel my credit card.

Tasmania or the GCSuns.

It’s easy for us to say…should’ve done this and should’ve done that. If I could pick two people to have a crack at injustice and withstand the heat, I wouldn’t be complaining if I was dealt Hird and Little. The threats were real and I don’t believe it has anything to do with the Club being weak.

2 Likes

Very interesting stuff.

And this is exactly what Jackson Taylor’s case is based on, yeah?

1 Like

I’m not expecting anything from this case.
I don’t care if it brings out ugly truths about Essendon, or Hird.

And hey, special shout out to all those lamingtons who said I don’t want to know the truth.
■■■■ you, I do.
And also, ■■■■ you for thinking only special people like you can handle it.

But if it makes Gil resign, then…
That’s…good enough for me.
It’s not all I’d want, ideally, but it’ll do.

10 Likes

I’m sure it must help, somewhere, some how.

Like I said previously, many of us want to know exactly what happened, the good, the bad and the ugly, we can handle the truth. What I find hard to handle is that smug faced pr1ck smirking every time he opens his mouth, sprouting more f*cking lies. (Just in case you don’t know who I am referring to its GMcL aka The Negotiator.)

5 Likes

There are no ugly Hird truths. It was all put out there and then some. He was more than happy for it to all come out.

2 Likes

I hope this bankrupts the league somehow.

16 Likes

I’d settle for just bankrupting farkcarlton.

2 Likes

Gee, imagine we had senior board members not voted for by the members & they acted all sycophantic towards the AFL & told us members the AFL was great & we should all move on & suck the AFL’s ■■■■ just like they have… hmmmmm imagine indeed.

10 Likes

IIRC, Hird was told he would be sacked by the club if he contested the AFL charges as an alternative to a settlement. That left him with nowhere to go. On the other hand, the AFL dropped the charges against Doc Reid, who had the AMA to finance him.

3 Likes

Also, weren’t they going to kick Hird out of the hall of fame, and take Anzac day off essendon?

On the other hand, hird was offered full pay, an inducement of ‘outstanding business opportunity’ by going to France to study.

1 Like

That was a bribe.

5 Likes

And a promise the players would get off (?}

2 Likes

Now we just have a club full of AFL yes men, put there by AFL yes men. I would have rathered the club been deregisted, and then fought in courts.

Our club now nothing but an embarrassment now.

9 Likes

This so very much!

5 Likes