Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do”

I never questioned his motives. A lot of other people did.

There is no mechanism to address institutional bullying. The AFL is renowned for it.
The AFL is awash with integrity people. But where is the integrity oversight of sporting federations?
Among sporting federations, the AFL is possibly unique in its monopoly of the sport in question. .
Its function as a game regulator is now being used as a tool of revenue raising.
In what other sport is the players association financially dependent on the sports federation?
The AFL has a financial stranglehold over the clubs.
But you can bet that the integrity of sports federations will not be addressed in the National Sport Integrity Review

10 Likes

You don’t need to understand why.
No one cares whether you understand why.

17 Likes

I don’t understand what I’m doing in this thread. I was looking for the hot chicks one.

1 Like

Close enough. We’ve been farked.

3 Likes

Then don’t respond if you don’t care

You care a bit

I care too much

I care about chicks that are hot.

There’s not one person who is clucky chick in this thread, wrong thread. See’ya.

1 Like

I would suggest there is level of apathy amongst many Essendon supporters on the saga. Blitz has provided an outlet for a very small percentage of us Bomber Fanatics to air our views. But when J34 created an online petition calling for a senate enquiry over 2 years ago the number of signatures has reached 9,500 odd signatures. And we have 75K members???

I would also comment that petitions have been raised (not by J34) for the return of Jobe’s Brownlow and they have generated only 2 -3k signatures. The directive from HQ to “move on” has been very effective.

12 Likes

Bridget McKenzie is speaking at the National Press Club in Canberra on Wednesday, “Shooting for Success”

it had nothing to do with the players why would they be effected at all ? it had nothing to do with the saga other than the way the afl defrauded the public about it & their methods of treating people yet pretending they are against bullying etc

3 Likes

you don’t have to understand…just like you don’t have to come to the thread! that is something I don’t understand …people insisting because they are bored or over something that everyone else has to be as well …just don’t come into the thread …simple!!

11 Likes

Sheep will move on and follow the rest. For many on here though it’s a fire that will forever burn until justice is done. The game is forever tainted for us until justice has been served.

Something we don’t dwell on, but something that lingers whenever we think about the game.

20 Likes

I think you meant the poster I quoted cos I share your view.

2 Likes

Bruce has been busy

135 pages. Sheesh!

AAT tribunal hearing related I assume.

http://twitdoc.com/upload/rex_inspector/2018-07-29-1-1-1-cas-arbitral-award-response-final-2018.pdf

His summary…

Launch a fkn government enquiry!

19 Likes

What an incredible effort!

6 Likes

There are parallels in the Essendon saga and Racing Victoria scandals , including selective doping charges/ management and institutional bullying by the sports overseers ( not least Kate Goodrich). A lot is still going through the courts. The Victorian Government has responded with a Racing Integrity Bill. At first sight it may be that the bill is designed to dilute rights of recourse to law outside an independent tribunal system, but it could possibly deliver greater accountability to the Racing industry mates club.
Something that the likes of Tracey Holmes and Mick Warner might be interested in.

4 Likes

Keep Gill, Fat Andy and Prickapatrick waiting while the Judge reads Bruce’s brief.

Won’t they just love that? You can bet they won’t need to ask for discovery.

1 Like