Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do”

Nah, I wouldn’t think that would be the case. They’d just be concentrating on their footy.

1 Like

Surely the most likely funder would be someone from a coterie? Or someone with a serious axe to grind with the AFL. Then you have the timing with the fairfax/9 deal.

1 Like

Watching the game with so much anger and disappointment, so gutted over the JT outcome.

2 Likes

Yes, but , in addition to the Essendon win tonight over Sydney, I took pleasure in Gil - the AFL CEO- humbling himself by standing by the bench to discourage the runners from going on to the ground - after he did the big climb down on the dead rubber trials.
And Gordon can present the outcome in any way he wants. Sure Taylor ran out funds and was forced to a settlement, but that means something.
Why did the AFL agree to settlle, as stated by Warner.? Warner is not one to get his facts wrong.

4 Likes

What’s to stop someone else from taking up the exact same case against the AFL, they can’t settle with everyone

2 Likes

Agreed. It’s now a part of the clubs history. Done, dusted… well and truly time to leave it behind us.

So “history” should never be discussed?

4 Likes

Yeah, nut mulled over ad nauseum though.

Don’t like it, don’t come to the thread. Don’t see me going to the soccer thread complaining about how I don’t like the game… lots of other threads to go to… some of us will never get over it. Even if we are told to.

20 Likes

stargazer sub forum there is that way.

I’ll never understand why.

Yeah, they can

1 Like

Fair enough just don’t understand people wanting to keep talking about it.

At its worst (ie everything that I read in judgement/alleged is true) Dank administered a program that was a year too late.

Pre 2012 it nay have been defendable. (the bookkeeping is not, but the alleged thymosin use was still to be banned).

The club putting its hand up and admitting it didn’t know for sure it had ran a proper program.

That’s unforgivable by the people running the club. Right then and there, at the very start of it all IMHO you have the darkest spot.

Doesn’t matter as much I don’t think if the AFL was incompetent or corrupted as part of it. Not in terms of the actual program and what went into the players bodies.

1 Like

No one said you had to. I don’t understand people not understanding, … or why they have to come in here if they don’t want to talk about it, just to tell others they shouldn’t be talking about something they want to talk about. Live & let fkn live.

There is a thread mute button,… feel free to use it.

11 Likes

Last time he asked for help people questioned his motives.

2 Likes

I believe Burnside may have been paid.

Maybe it just wasn’t JUST about the funding. Other unspoken problems?

He has been through this before with the AFL and he thought he might have to work overseas. No more to be said.

1 Like

Never question JT’s motives it was all about injustice and process. He does not barrack for the Bombers as suggested in the Sun. I think he follows Carlton.

I think the whole Justice and the Law process from go to who has really disappointed him.

1 Like

Let’s put it this way, the spinning wheels within wheels and the tentacle connections of the “boys club.” I have seen it in action before. So many tools at their disposal and once favours are called in, things can change quickly.

I applaud JT for his belief in the cause, his perseverance, his guts and determination. Thank you JT.

17 Likes