Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do”

I think the real issue here is that the minister allowed his department to be caught up in the dirty dealings of McLachlan and his kind at the AFL. We have seen how they operate with their back-scratching network and we now see just how they have successfully used their contacts to tie up aspects of government.
Their power is supreme. They call in favours for favours.

Earlier in our saga when I spoke with a patient journo, he said he had a politician lined up to spill the beans on backroom discussions but who then decided to remain silent because he might lose access to his finals tickets. Back-scratching indeed.

18 Likes

GOVERNANCE.

11 Likes

Going by her report on the ABC site on Gil, Mary Gearin might not be fussed about Finals tix. In an interview a while back, she said it was a great regret to her as a sports journo to have been OS when the Saga hit.
Will Dustin Martin get Gil to intervene for a visa for his dad?

5 Likes

The French au pair could have been gaming the visa system. As she had previously held a working holiday visa for 18-30 year olds ( as well as a student visa for a TAFE course in SA) she would have been ineligible for a second working holiday visa . She appears to have breached one or other of those visas during her previous stint in Australia.

2 Likes

I’m not sure whether the journo was joking or the pollie was, but finals tickets are not that hard to get. Unless “finals tickets” is slang for “safe seat and super eligibility”.

1 Like

More than tix, VIP hospitality and best seats in the house - all gratis.

4 Likes

And James ■■■■■■■ Hird is the “evil” mastermind. It boggles the mind.

14 Likes

My farken farkers list just gets longer by the day.

(As an aside, my son’s girlfriend has tried for a tourist/holiday visa twice in the last last 12 months, was knocked back both times. She is Guatemalan, now if she was French.)

8 Likes

Or Italian!

It goes on and on!

1 Like

that says alot about the venal nature of that particular poly.

1 Like

Even the Dweeb getting in on it

3 Likes

On what grounds, if I may ask?

Their reasoning was that they were not sure she would return home.

Irrespective of information provided by us and her family.

1 Like

Dill mcfarkwit can’t lie straight in bed whilst talking to Mary Gearin on ABC. It’s a disgrace that so many people who come here via the right channels go through all the processes, pay thousands of dollars, cannot get residency despite conntributing to society. Yet here comes this absolute corrupt greedy, moralless absolute dog of a human being, who rings up a fellow ■■■■■■■■ in government to get someone who is not doing the right thing another visa. This is probably the tip of the iceberg regarding mclachlan, god knows what he’s done, that we actually don’t know about.

15 Likes

Favours for friends - makes you wonder how far into our laws these favours extend. Ponder that!

3 Likes

We know some of his capabilities.

The boys club - full of hand shakers and back patters. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

2 Likes

We’d like some too Gil.

The working holiday visa is available for passport holders from countries having reciprocal arrangements with Australia and to which there are age limits. I think Guatemala is not one of those. As to tourist visas, quite often conditions will attach, such as sufficient funds, return ticket etc.

2 Likes

I’d like to see some questions asked about the history between Dutton and Gil. In particular, why on Earth would Gil have a such a sense of entitlement to even ask for such a favour? Has Dutton / liberal party received past favours from AFL/ Gil (you scratch my back, I’ll scratch yours), or are they just old mates from private school?

4 Likes

What is the point of donating 100’s of 1000’s of dollars to the Libs if you can’t call in a favour now’n then?

Our democracy is a farce…

4 Likes