[spec] on changes for the Eagles - 2020 round 15

We’ll unlikely get 2 wins, even Melb is 50/50, so we may end up with none.

Who knows how JD pulled up after that gallop. He might be cherry ripe to go again. We don’t know. If there is any doubt or soreness, rest him. If not, he should play. Same goes for Chook.

2 Likes

Joe should be rested. I can’t imagine us playing him after a 4 day break

A big NO to McKenna, we need to move on with players who are committed to the team.

Let Phillips and Draper share the ruck duties with one up forward

I wouldn’t be dropping zerk. He needs games and experience

8 Likes

OUT: Redman, Ham … Clarke?

No way

1 Like

Who are you no waying? Clarke?

If Hep is available it’s a no brainer. But that’s uncertain hence the ?

Just win them all

Eagles in QLD are gettable.

Cats/Port will test us, but if we can get past them then who knows we may be good enough to win a final.

Would love Parish to put the cats mids to the sword.

3 Likes

He really only played half a game in a shortened match.

Bit like coming back in the VFL and playing a half.

Should be cherry ripe for next game.

5 Likes

I’d play him once a year to be certain.

5 Likes

I would be happy if we rest Joe for this game. Short turn around again with two long flights.

Obviously with Joe caution can’t be overstated but I’ll happily take what I can get. The sugar hit is all I need.

People said the same thing about Joe

3 Likes

It looks to me like an accidental trip, as he tried to run around the back of Gunston to get to the ball carrier but cut across too early.

1 Like

Out: Joe, Gleeson
In: Hurley, McKenna

Surely we learnt from last year with Daniher and the short turnarounds. Getting him through the year without OP flair up is the most important thing to getting him to stay.

1 Like

Lol

Accidental…

Lol

2 Likes

I just don’t think it’s worth playing McKenna. Firstly every time he’s played he’s been so frustrating, the amount of errors this guy makes is ridiculous. To bring McKenna in would mean to dump a HB, and that would mean guelfi. I think guelfi has been impressive in that role and is better option due to the long term view of keeping him in that role and in the side.

1 Like

McKenna is just like Essendon first half and second half of Hawks game, sometime maybe good sometime maybe ■■■■

I do love his unpredictability.

5 Likes

A straight out NO for Phillips on Tuesday. Draper to ruck, with Stewart doing the secondary work.

In: Draper, Hurley, Hibberd
Out: Phillips (omit), Daniher (rest), Ham (omit)

We just beat hawthorn with no Omeara, Sicily, Pinchy, Frawley, Burgoyne or Impey. There is no chance we will get within 5 goals of WC.

Yeah, Blitz doesn’t look at the quality of the opposition.

We have just beaten, drawn or just lost to every team below us (except Melbourne). We have also beaten Collingwood who are not the Collingwood most expected.

1 Like

Collingwood were flying when we beat them. Unfair to discredit that win now coz they are struggling due to injuries.

If that team that played us stayed fit all year they’d be top 4