[spec] on changes for the Eagles - 2020 round 15

We couldn’t be a sneaky chance of winning on Tuesday ?

1 Like

Thanks, but no thanks.
SMack is down on confidence. If JD is to be rested, bring in Draper to tag team with Phillips against Nic Nat, one of them to rest forward. WEagles second string ruck also has a prodigious leap. Keep Hooker forward, he can be shifted back if needed, but l would like to see him matched against McGovern, to deny him all those cheap marks and outlet kicks he racks up.

8 Likes

If Joe pulls up ok he plays, if not he doesnt.
And we probably send Hooker forward and Zerk in the side.

IN: Draper, Hurley, McKenna… Heppell
OUT: Phillips, Zerk-Thatcher Gleeson Ham

B: Saad Hooker Ridley
HB: Smith Hurley Heppell
C: Merrett McGrath Langford
HF: McKenna Daniher TIPPA
F: Mosquito Stewart Stringer
R: Draper Shiel Parish
Int: Guelfi Snelling Redman Clarke

Emg: Phillips, Zerk-Thatcher, Francis, Mutch

Guessing Heppell close to resuming and Francis also.

3 Likes

Corrected to what he really meant

3 Likes

heppell’s not even kicking with his left yet. doubt he plays in 4 days

3 Likes

Arrogant.

We beat eagles and its worth thinking finals.

To do that we would have to be in the sort of form to worry both Geelong and Port. Both of whom may start looking to manage players more conservatively considering their ladder position.

Particularly Port who will have a top 4 spot sewn up, likely a home final.

4 Likes

Yeah he semi corrected what he meant.

This week probably means in 2 games time coz of our compressed schedule

With Kennedy missing, Hurley will have a field day on Darling.

Kennedy is a bogey player of MH, mind you , the frequency of Weagles clearances in past games means he would have to have been super human to stop a lot of Kennedy’s marks & goals.

And I hope Joe plays on McGovern, sits on his head for MOTY & kicks 6 on him (while Guelfi gets the chance to even up & throws the prickk into the boundary fence & then accidentally steps on his head)

6 Likes

My lid off mind had that scenario to make finals.

Need 9 wins. % is relevant. 3 more wins to get.

• Eagles are a must. Some key injuries and playing on neutral territory.

• Geelong - little to no chance for this one. This is the game where I’d rest Joey.

• Port at AO are gettable. It really depends on player management as everyone will be trying to get through the 5 day breaks.

My gut feel is the Essendon vs Melbourne game will be for a spot in the 8 (for Melbourne too).

2 Likes

dont do it to yourself

16 Likes

3 Likes

Can’t play Joe on a 5 day turnaround. The sugar hit will last all weekend, hook it in to my veins but we need to let him adjust. He’s come in off 0 match prep.

Play him against the Cats.
6 day break then for Port
Most probably a 6 day break for the Melbourne Club.

1 Like

I’d err on the side of caution with Joe and give him a rest but it’s hard to know what we should be doing unless you’re in the inner sanctum.

Much like our decision to throw him straight into the seniors last night, it’s all speculation unless you’re him or our doctors

Did Smith try to change direction and pull gunston back to get to the ball carrier and then slipped? I doubt if there is an intent to trip but he might be suspended on outcome.

we are close to this for cats -

mckenna hooker ridley
redman hurley saad

langford stewart stringer
tippa joe mozz

draper

hepp shiel mcgrath merrett parish smith clark guelfi francis

That’s a good team, but have no idea who will be right for WC game. hepp maybe more likely for the port game.

It looks like Smith was staging more than anything… trying to win a free-kick for being shepherded or tackled off the ball…

Be very disappointing if he goes for that. It’s like they took a bit of his brain out when they fixed his knee - his footy IQ and decision-making has just been really poor this year.

2 Likes

I really liked Phillips’ game last night but he should make way for Draper.

We got killed in centre clearances against West Coast in pre-season when Phillips was rucking.

Centre clearances are a premium when playing at the Gabba.

1 Like

That was from pre Hawks presser IIRC

This WC game is at the 2 games

Also in post match presser said Hep is pushing for this game

One training session only where Hep seen to be using right only might not reflect what he has been doing in other sessions which didn’t have training watchers

Seems more likely for Cats game however… but WC is the game we more likely to win.

If Joe needs a rest, play both Phillips and Draper.

Leave Hooker forward. If Stewart needs a break then bring Jones in for his debut.

Hurley for Gleeson, keep sending BZT up.

If McKenna plays, it should be on the wing. If Dev gets the Essendon treatment from the MRO then McKenna to his spot.

3 Likes

Yep I agree. 3 more wins is no guarantee to get us in and we’re very very very long odds to win 3 more