Spec on changes/Pre-Match Discussion vs Gold Coast (3:20pm 26/3/23 @ Marvel)

Good to see Harrison Jones back running well.

1 Like

no changes.

Would want to keep a winning formula before messing with personnel too much.

And his organisation…I’ve heard this mentioned often by commentators, but not many on here seem to hear it. Ling mentioned how important he is to the young group during the call. Scott wanted him to remain captain.

2 Likes

Hopefully plays a couple of really good vfl games and comes in for Anzac Day, goes BANG and puts pnddles, degoey, sidebum, and both daicos malakas on there ■■■ es on his way to 4 sausages and BOG.

3 Likes

The only change that matters:

IN: MUNKARA (VFL)

8 Likes

Out Phillips
In Stringer

Weid to backup ruck.

1 Like

Gee we wanna win our first 4.

After that we have
Dees
Pies
Cats (off 5 day break)
Port
Bris
Tigers

1 Like

I think we pinch a win off Port or Tigers

1 Like

Phillips is very important for Essendon’s structure. Stays in.

Out Heppell
In Stringer

7 Likes

I would like to win so hard GCS send noah anderson and their first round pick to us to do more salary cap dumping

1 Like

Collins will play.
They get Weller back.
Powell may be available too.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

2 Likes

Port AWAY or Tigers who we havent beaten since Dreamtime 2014 ?

Dont count on it.
That 6 week stretch could get ugly.
I hope we have built some confidence by then with early wins.

3 Likes

What a rude return to earth this game will be.

After a 10 goal win against Hawthorn in front of 70,000 at the MCG, it’s back to Etihad for 27,000 against a made up club.

2 Likes

Good luck playing Weller after his long term injury with no game time at all.

Not sure him being back will help much.

Though you’d expect they’d bounce back after their poor effort last week.

2 Likes

There will be an upset along the way no one will tip us to win and we will prove the doubters wrong we seem to play better as the underdog

I agree in that we’ll probably sneak a win (maybe 2) in that lot, just found it strange you picked those 2, as we’ve had massive trouble against Rich and Port recently.

1 Like

To be fair to Weller, he has always come across as an extremely fit individual. Aside from some slight footy rust, I wouldn’t doubt that he’s in ripping nick

He’s a very good player as well. Great kick of the footy and a gun linebreaker

1 Like

Only change is Walla. Played sub role perfectly. At some point he needs to run out full games so VFL seems logical. Brad will manage this carefully so as not to derail his comeback. Maybe Munny in VFL alongside Walla mentoring will be it? Walla kicks 5 and runs out games for a couple of weeks?
Happy if he plays 1s this week but he’ll benefit greatly from significant game time in the 2s.

1 Like

My only concern with Tippa as sub is his ability to play more game time if we have an early injury. Need to balance some VFL game time too to keep his conditioning up. Maybe one more sub at AFL level then a couple of vfl games to get ready for AnZAC day.

9 Likes