[Spec] on Changes v Hawks 2020 Round 14

He’s been 1 of our more consistent players all year (with a break/rest), the tackle count is an indication of fatigue.

thanks for agreeing with my point.

[quote=“Andrew_5, post:134, topic:19577, full:true”]
Looks like this was created last century because there are only 3 positions on the field now, but there are a plethora of “roles”

1 Like

Yeah sometimes it feels like its a Full Forward, Full Back, Ruck and the rest Midfielders…

2 Likes

I feel a bit embarrassed by this whole [spec] thing. We know @SMJ has it on his CV that he invented fark carlton, and Dr Evil’s dad invented the question mark, so I might need to update my CV.

But, [spec], I hope Mckenna plays but I’m not convinced given he didn’t really train yesterday.

1 Like

FWIW, search shows me with the earliest use of it, and I certainly popularised it.

P.S. Fark Carlton.

2 Likes

Guelfi’s played a fair bit of wing, hasn’t he?

He’s kinda OK but not great there, IMHO.

Speaks well does the MeatBall.

Hurley interview a bit meh… but he does note he knows their ball movement was excellent in 2017 but got scored against too easily. Trying to find right balance now with game plan adjustments.

Interesting that they’re flaging McKenna as an inclusion. Given Clarke has been playing wing/half forward it is probably for him but I’d really like to see them give him a run in the middle on Mitchell or maybe even worpel

It would not surprise if Smith doesn’t come up off the short break.

Expect Stewart to pinch hit in the ruck. He can’t do any worse than smack has done this year. If he doesn’t give away free kicks it will be a win.

In: JD, hooker, Conor

Out: tbell, Francis, Clarke/Smith

Redman Hurley Ridley
Saad hooker Gleeson

Langford Parish Merrett
Draper McGrath Shiel

Tippa stewart Snelling
Moz JD stringer

Guelfi Clarke/Smith ham McKenna

That’s probably the most balanced the side has looked all season

2 Likes

Our percentage is beyond saving and we arent in a position too. Hawks bring their A game and we Essington it then its another L.

I reckon we will win in an ugly one. Befitting two sides not in the 8.

1 Like

Essendon live streaming captain’s run

5 Likes

What time team time?

We might have something resembling a functioning forwardline this week (rustiness aside)…

HF: Snelling Stewart Stringer
FF: Tippa Daniher Mosquito

Can put a bunch of names through the Snelling spot, but those other 5 are pretty solid.

Just like I am trying to popularise @theTurnip.

1 Like

Please no more McKenna

And another

2 Likes

harveys left leg is totally mangled

1 Like

Where’s the team?

2 Likes

Also, Marty’s hands are good in that vid.

I reckon Gleeson is seriously underrated around these parts. He hasn’t had a great year but at his best he’s a very useful component of a good backline.

He’s finally starting to show a bit of dare in his game again which he lost after that terrible ankle injury. It’s been a long road back from that injury for Marty.

If McKenna goes home or stays forward/wing Marty will be an important part of the backline, just as he was in 2017 when he recorded the best one on one win ratio of any of our defenders.

Only 26 too.

9 Likes