[Spec] on Changes v Hawks 2020 Round 14

OUT: Francis
IN: Zerk

Daniher and Hooker are cooked

Wouldn’t surprise me if Mozzie didn’t make it either

A forgotten highlight but one of the best from that game in 2009.

Atkinson 100% ran too far.

1 Like

That game was probably the first (and last) time we got the rub of the green. And from umpire McLaren as well!

1 Like

Atko froffed a sale at Watergardens. I reckon I saw him there every time I was there.

Almost the forwardline ive dreamed of all year coming to Fruition
McKernans cooked so hes been replaced with Stewart.
If Only fantasia could get fit.

Hf: Smith Daniher Stringer
F: Mosquito Stewart Tippa

4 Likes

I reckon our defence held up amazingly, particularly with one man down, and undersized.

8 Likes

They were desperate which was good to see for once.

Gleeson and Guelfi actually played well (been terrible in previous weeks)

1 Like

Depending on injuries:

Hooker for Francis (inj)
Joey for TBell (managed)
McKenna for Snelling (managed)

McKenna/Guelfi/Ham interchangeable depending on how the game unfolds.

1 Like

For all the disappointments of 2020 there have been some what ifs too… losing by 1 point to Carlton when 2 goals up in the last. Shat the bed against the Giants, losing by 4. Had all the momentum against the Suns but dropped points. I know Essendon played poorly since the North game but win those 3 and they’d be sitting 7th!

Anyway, Essendon ‘COULD’ win (say that with no conviction) 1-2 more but seriously, what’s the point? I know players want the win but a better draft hand is more beneficial long term. Shame Essendon didn’t take Swans 2020 first rounder, if Daniher ends up leaving. Picks 3 and 4 would’ve been very handy!

Most long winded way I’ve ever heard someone describe the brain.

1 Like

Short turn around, super humid conditions, 2 flights - I’m interested to see who recovers well. Love to see Phillips in with Draper & Zerk in for Francis as the only changes. (Apart from Joe of course!!)

I hate getting into these hypotheticals, but if they’d taken Daniher Sydney’s pick might have ended up as pick 2 because they wouldn’t have Papley

1 Like

Or Sydney makes finals off the back of a firing Buddy & late season JD and their strong core midfield + Rampe all staying on the park

Now that’s a ‘learnings’ issue, maybe!!!

Not sure if a player who doesn’t commit instinctively will commit under threat of delisting???

That was truly pathetic by Snelling at a time we were still in with a small chance. Even if we were no chance you commit to that contest no matter what.
Prepared to give him benefit of the doubt cos he does hard thankless running most games … but a worry for sure.

1 Like

The Snelling attempted mark is at 6:15 Q4. I just rewatched it 10 times and in frame by frame. Doesn’t look like he avoids contact to me, he just misjudges the drop of the ball. Would be very out of character for him to shirk contact, hes tough as they get.

6 Likes

They are playing on my birthday. Milestone game…we have no chance!

3 Likes

as this stage of the year all i want is for Mozzie and Draper to play.

5 Likes

Crauford held back from scratch match =
Crauford to dabut against Hawks.

Phillips and Joe didn’t play the scratch match either, so there’s that.

1 Like

Only five bloke played the scratch match - Bryan, McBride, Hibberd, Gown & Jones.
Planning for the next frantic block of games.
Everyone else who’s not injured is a potential in really.

1 Like

Interesting so possible 3 changes.
Out francis, stewert and bellchambers?