[Spec] on Changes v Hawks 2020 Round 14

You don’t mess with a winning formula.

3 Likes

Bring joe - even if not ready can be used as a weekend at burnies type decoy.

1 Like

Hawks will fancy themselves here, we’ll bottle this

I must have been watching a different game

2 Likes

Im just going on what i saw.

I would drop instantly for that pathetic short step going for that mark from a pass from Ham - absolutely pulled up short so he could avoid body contact - cost us a goal.

8 Likes

In: Hooker, McKenna, Daniher
Out: Francis (inj) Snelling, Bellchambers

3 Likes

sounds like I will have to knock off work early.

Essendon should forfeit the rest of the season.put a spanner in the AFL works. If there’s a preseason .just send all the players ready for next year. Got nothing to lose . can’t make the finals.

Glad I wasn’t the only one that saw that. It was pretty poor. Still wouldn’t drop him but.

Out: Francis, TBC, Clarke & Ham
In: Daniher (Terry), S Madden, L Baker & Tim Watson

2 Likes

Is it being played in wA?

Rads

Stratton still got pinch hitting locked down

A way of ■■■■■■■ over any possibility that I could sit down and watch the putrid episode of AFL -the secret flogs r us or is it Football - The home and away years
IAB.

Go back and watch the replay a few times (11.35 in Q4). Snelling tried to protect the drop zone by putting his butt out but misjudged and Lambert ran around him. Looked bad but it wasn’t due to lack of courage - Snelling has that - but poor execution and Snelling looks to offset the problem (by protecting the drop zone) he has taking contested marks as it’s very easy to reach over and spoil him.
Snelling played ok. His tackling & goal kicking accuracy are good. But he’ll need to improve his handball and strength in the contest, which may be difficult given his size.
I think of the fringe mids/HBs who are not yet established in best 25, I would rate them from best -

Ham
Guelfi
Snelling
Clark

Cutler
Mutch
Hibberd

and at this stage I’d keep the top 4. Guelfi looks like an AFL player to me and Clark’s strength around the contest and ability to get his arms free and handball is good. I think Ham will be very good long term and Snelling will be depth.
Mutch needs another 2 games so we can see what he offers at AFL level.

10 Likes

Adelaide (so 4:10 local time)
Must be for us “stay at home Victorians” needing the entertainment
I’d say it’s so they can fit the two games on tv on a Thursday night (not the weekend)

Are we concerned about 5 days break after playing in humid af Darwin where we were 1 man down for 3 quarters and 2 men down for a nearly a half?

5 Likes

No.

1 Like

Takeaway all the frustrations that people have had with Joe over the course of this season - IF he comes in this week wouldn’t it be bloody fantastic to see him back out there. Forget about the individual greatness of Joe for a second and just think of the amount of pressure this lifts from other guys in the forward line. I’m tired of people ridiculing James Stewart each week, James Stewart isn’t Josh Kennedy, however every game he picks up the best key back, not only that though, he is our only legitimate TALL forward we have, normally there is 2 players swinging off him at any one time. To free him up one on one at full forward will be an absolute blessing in disguise & will booster his confidence immensely. Jake Stringer (Providing he is fit as he looked a bit stagnant Saturday night) can go back to playing like Jake Stringer. He will be able to play a more free role as he likes doing and that’s when he looks most dangerous. Then you obviously have Tippa & Mozzie who will be ever so fortunate to be roving off these guys for once rather then it getting bombed on top of there heads to only be out marked by someone twice the height. Point being yes I hope Joey has a great come back game IF he plays, but by god how our forward line looks a helluva lot more structured & dangerous if it happens.

14 Likes