Speculation about changes v Free Kick Hawthorn

You are forbidden from self-quoting this post after the game.

3 Likes
1 Like

Always good to be thorough…

Promises to be fiery. Jolly good. A must win game. Trust Woosha has our lads fired up.

3 Likes

where’s the ?

8 Likes

LOL. Bomberstan.

bomberstan had more hits than Patrick Hernandez but less than Bonnie Tyler.

2 Likes

The tea lady says:
‘I won’t string you along, the Fanta I have comes from Asia. But she’ll be right.’

I hope Mitch plays.

1 Like

Only concern this week is that we upset the team balance by shunting the three (Fanta, String, Shiel) into the team without considering their positions. To my eye, Stringer can only replace Baguley as they’re both largely a non-threat aerially and cover very little ground without upsetting the forward balance (which I think really benefits from Begley’s running power). I’d love to see Fanta come in for Zaharakis and have him and Parish and Langford sort of share that link up role that Zaka plays. But he likely replaces Begley, so be it. I’m not really sure what the point of McNeice is, so I guess Shiel has to come in for him (as Guelfi has been very solid recently) , but it means that Redman probably plays more time in defence, which is slightly disappointing as his delivery forward is a real threat.

Overall, I think if Worsfold gets the balance right (a big if) we should cut up Hawthorn on the etihad deck and get up by 30-odd. If we get the balance wrong, I.e. dropping Clarke and not playing another pure bash and crash mid, Hawthorn will break our hearts yet again.

If Woosha drops Dylan Clarke after one of the best shut down jobs of the year, no matter who is available, he has lost the plot.

5 Likes

He won’t drop him

2 Likes

What did Bomberstan say ?
Anyone ?

Is he/she even still around?

If they said something I’m guessing the mod deleted it?

Yep, Mod deleted it. Must have crossed the line (or was genuine trolling)

1 Like

we
are
screwed

Clarkson always has hawthorn up for games against us. I fully expect guys like siciliy and O’Meara to bully us all night and for the players to just meekly accept it

2 Likes

Usually it’s the other way around- us trying to rev ourselves up. Hopefully the inverse is a good sign.

I’m getting pretty tired of saying “we should win… but”

big game for both sides - obviously

I think we’ll belt them.

who the fark is Siciliy? We’ll fark them mate.

1 Like

2 Likes