Speculation about changes v Free Kick Hawthorn

Paging @Deckham

Nah, ■■■■■■■ working. It will be a ‘captain’s run’, anyway.

1 Like

Must be working pretty hard.
That reply was sub 1 min !

15 Likes

One of my most hated phrases of late. I don’t even know why. I just think it’s crap. How about a light session?

2 Likes

25 Likes

At my desk hahahaha

Yes but this is always a tactic of the great coach…clarkson bellamy are never afraid to critisize the team after a bad game and they get a reaction very quickly from the playing the group…

what we get is we are striving to become a great team which is another way of saying we are bog average!

1 Like

Never gets old …

Here’s my pessi-realistic view of Friday night.

Essendon
Having had a solid but lackluster win over the worst team of this century, the players and coaches feel that they have learned a lot and are playing the way they want to play. The players have a nice week off and return to the club nice and relaxed.

Too relaxed. Training during the week is flat and uninspiring. But that’s OK because “we planned to build into the week” say the coaches.

In the first few minutes of the game its pretty clear that the team hasn’t woken from it’s bye slumber as we look slow and have no intensity. The three players brought straight back into the team following injury are practically un-sighted in the first quarter.

We eventually ‘switch on’ in the second half with a flurry of 4 goals but end up losing the game by 2 goals. We learn a lot though.

Hawthorn
Having lost to Brisbane in their last match Clarkson lays it on the line to the players, in particular Sicily who is told to stop being a ■■■■ and belting people and get back to focusing on his game. The players are told to enjoy the break but to come back switched on.

Training during the week is upbeat and intense.

During the game the Hawks are ‘on’ from the first bounce and control the rest of the game having established a handy 6 goal lead by quarter time mainly due to Sicily controlling the backline. They don’t learn much but they get 4 points.

12 Likes

INS:
RAZ
STRING
SHIEL

10 Likes

We feasting lads… Tippa will kick a goal in the 1st quarter.

2 Likes

Is life hard being this triggered?

4 Likes

20c used to get me 4 of these.

Gotta love Friday night footy!

Fire up kents!

Boy oh boy woweeeee!

15 Likes

Looking at their last few games the Hawks have been staying very well and then taking away.

I think the key against Hawthorn concentration and consistency. Any time you get lazy their system will punish you. Any time you get sloppy their system will punish you.

We just can’t afford to float in and out of this one like we did in game 2 last year.

I reckon Shiel is due a big game.

1 Like

All Hawthorn need to do is kick straight and they have a good chance of winning the game.

@Fairybread thanks for this clever, entertaining and well-written piece.
(I hope your prediction is incorrect, though…)

HPN have Hawthorn at 67%. By far the outlier amongst the models.

According to HPN, we are one of the most underperforming teams.

HPN shows our forward line is our weak point ( Duh)
But what it also shows is our weak point is Hawthorns strength.
and vice-versa

1 Like

I thought it was thoroughly tedious.

2 Likes