Speculation about changes v Free Kick Hawthorn

Sicily cleared to play

Good it remains a possibility I will get to see someone in red and black steamroll the ■■■■

11 Likes

Sweet side.

1 Like

I had Cripps, I was happy to take the hit.

3 Likes

I have Cripps and Sicily

1 Like

Francis is the only guy who I really think deserves to be dropped. Begley not really demanding a spot either.

I thought McNeice did enough to go on with.

1 Like

Only one team has won a game the week after playing Carlton this year, it was Collingwood. Thankfully we have the bye.

1 Like

You telling pork pies?
Two. GWS and Collingwood.

Ridley has been playing inside midfield minutes in the VFL presumably to improve his contested work.
I suspect they might keep him down there for a few more games.

1 Like

PORK PIES!

4 Likes

sorry bois

We need to go in as the hunters again this week,

matchups - O’Meara - Clarke
Gunston - Ambrose
Breust - Saad
Ceglar - Hooker
Impey - Redman
Siciliy - Stringer
Frawley - McKernan
Stratton - Laverde

I think we can win the midfield battle but both teams will struggle to score as I would give the defenders the upperhand against both forwardlines. Fantasia and Tippa could add x factor for us but expect SIciliy/Stratton/Frawley to control the high balls.

4 Likes

Out: Begley, Baguley & McNeice
In: Stringer, Fantasia & Shiel

B: Ambrose Hurley Saad
HB: McKenna Hooker Redman
C: Merrett Heppell McGrath
HF: Laverde Stringer Fantasia
F: Walla McKernan Francis
R: Bellchambers Clarke Shiel

I/C: Parish Zaharakis Langford Guelfi

More leg speed overall but still with plenty of grunt and versatility. I’m really loving our back six atm.

Give Clarke the job on O’Meara, have someone run with Smith and then just kick it to wherever Sicily isn’t.

6 Likes

If stringer isn’t fit which I think he may still be another week, does that leave Sicily to Francis? Not a great matchup for us

The only other option would be to bring in Brown for Francis. (if stringer not ready) fingers crossed stringer can play.
is Brown fit now?

Unless Francis is pushed back?? But there isn’t a matchup there that’s particularly great either, and our back 6 is solid at the moment, less change the better. Not sure about brown, close last week so he may be. I’d be happy for him to come in, not sure Sicily would be silly enough to chase him up the ground though

1 Like

I think he had a bone to pick with you

Raz may be back for the Hawks as well.

2 Likes

gleeson on form is and should be a long way off returning.

I haven’t watched him at vfl to speak to his current form. On his best form though he’s best 22