Speculation as we head to the filth

Reckon there would be about another 30 similar photos of him and Fat guts against us

Dunn out for the year… confirmed AFL website

Interesting to see how we go against the Pies considering 8 of our players from Anzac Day are injured and/or back to VFL.

Having Fantasia and McKenna in the side (both were unavailable for Anzac Day and Ambrose as well I think?) will be big for us.

Bit of a grey area

One change, Francis in for Ambrose. Ambrose only had eight possessions - three kicks and eight handballs and was on the ground for 86% of the game. Not good enough. Francis is a very solid pack marker and would be an excellent support for Hooker on the Yank. Dunn out this week and Treloar last week helps our cause, Plenty of speed, and accuracy of 90+% is paramount if the Bombers are going to threaten the Pies. No crazy across ground kicks unless it 100% safe to do so. We gave North some very easy goals because the accuracy wasn’t there. Essendon can’t give the Pies a sniff if they employ those sorts of tactics.

Firstly, thats either 11 possessions or 5 handballs (or zero kicks)
And Ambrose role wasnt to set up off HB, hence why he didnt get alot of it.

That being said, I think we will be too tall and he is probably the one to get dropped if they prefer Hooker on Cox

isnt that the usual position

Dont tell me I will guess the headline . Dunn and Dusted ?

Saad (4.14) and McKenna (2.73) are 1 & 2 in the AFL for bounces per game.

14 Likes

No Green in this week. Move McGrath back to defence if needed, although with Saad and McKenna back, there is plenty of pace. Bags stays forward as he provides more pressure than Green does. Colyer to stay in, he improved as the game went on and handled the ball cleanly. Guelfi can move up the ground a bit more. One of the tall defenders needs to make way for a smaller defender, possibly Ambrose, as Dea is in good form, and is not a tall.

A pretty good dilemma to have. l expect there to be minimal changes, just one at the most.

3 Likes

Massive blow been a good player for Collingwood

Out: Langford
In: Myers

14 Likes

The kid seems to be finding his feet and you want Langford out?

That’s another matter.

Lol
Troll’d

3 Likes

I was lol

Pies supporters changing their undies after this news.

If I had seen this earlier in the year I would have thought you were taking the ■■■■. He really has been good for them.

Think the only change will be with our backs.

Having said that Collingwood really throw their forward line around to try and isolate any perceived weakness or mis match.
They did it with Sidearse on Bags one out on Anzac Day.
Seen them do it with HoskinElliot and Woof Woof in other games.

So a bit depends if they keep Mihocek forward or throw him back to cover for Dunn.

Hurley could play smaller on HE or even Woof Woof, and allow Ambrose & Hooker to take 2 talls.
If they’ve only got one big Cox (snigger) then we’re in strife with 3 talls, and a slowish but gutsy Dea.

Ridley didn’t have a great game Saturday but has mobility.
MacNiece is a wild card possibility.
Francis I’d love but you’re betting on intercept marking outweighing the pace issue if they go small.
Zerk is not out of the question as a faster mobile option.

1 Like

Unless there is a injury at training, I reckon we’ll go in unchanged. Woosha loves ambrose so I reckon we’ll be waiting at least another week to see Francis.

2 Likes