Speculation on changes for Weagles

They fly over today.

I think people are underestimating the Eagles here. Talk reminds me a lot of the pregame v GWS.

3 Likes

Have you watched them over the last month or at any stage throughout the season? I’d say people are estimating them exactly as their performances warrant.

1 Like

The second and final change to the team for the blockbuster is the long-awaited return of young forward Jayden Laverde, who replaces experienced Bomber Mark Baguley.

Worsfold heaped praise on Laverde for his hard work getting back to full fitness in recent weeks following his own hamstring concern.

“He’s worked really hard on staying at peak fitness level. With this injury he didn’t miss too much running, he’s kept his sharpness.

“He was knocking on the door for selection a few weeks back and (we are) really keen to give him a crack at it now.”

Baguley is a victim of a change in team structure this week according to Worsfold, who said the 32-year-old was unlucky to be omitted.

“‘Baggers’ brings a lot to the team and he’s actually been playing his role pretty well, but we’re having a look at a different structure this week,” Worsfold said.

“We’re working hard on getting the right blend of players. We haven’t been able to have stability up there but with Laverde being a bigger player it gives us a different mix and a different look.

“It’s just unfortunate for him that this is an opportunity for us to explore the way we think the forward line might function and he’s the one who has had to make way.”

But yes I agree on the Smack, Brown & Francis call. I think Stringer will get up anyway (is travelling, injury report good) but if not more likely Begs stays in over Francis to have that mix you are saying.

Stringer fit. OUT: Begs IN: Brown
Stringer not. OUT: Stringer IN: Brown

The only good thing about your own team playing Thursday night footy is getting the teams on the Wednesday.

2 Likes

And waking up victorious on Friday!

5 Likes

feels like a long weekend.

3 Likes

Just throw it out, then.

11 Likes

Thank Hooker. Makes the biggest structural difference to our team whether forward or back. Happy with him back. Need his clone forward.

Guelfi?

Our away form in the past couple of years has been top notch.

1 Like

McKernan is probably the closest we have to a Hooker clone. But I think there is really only one Cale on our list. Hooker has given so much to this club - it’s a cliche, but he has proven to bleed red and black.

4 Likes

Out d clarke
In myers

Only change id make

No Stringer on the flight this morning. Wont play.

2 Likes

I think the team will relish the challenge and should be confident of a win based on how they played in the second half last week. Worsfold was pleased with what he saw.

1 Like

not a surprise - hopefully Jake is back fully fit soon

Did Brown fly out?

Try… Not… To… Make… Joke…

12 Likes

No idea

Yeah we are thumping them at home.