Speculation on changes vs Dogs

I love it when memes ascend to reality

6 Likes

Langford can go to the VFL and not come back until he gets 39 disposals and 3 goals. Until then heā€™s a poor mans David Myers.

3 Likes

Relatively itā€™s big. Itā€™s no surprise our form improved after he went down (literally in the game)

We are a man down at every stoppage because he becomes a useless rock after heā€™s contested a tap.

1 Like

If we bring Myers in it canā€™t be in that defensive bullocking role that he was used in for the first four rounds. Needs to hunt the ball

4 Likes

The Dogs have four elite midfielders. Who does Dyl Clarke go to? Bont?

2 Likes

I think the Bont, mainly on the great job he did on Cripps.
But he would need to switch players with like Gleeson/Francis if the Bont goes forwards.

2 Likes

I have grave fears about what will happen to our midfield come Saturday. The loss of Parish hurt us on Saturday and our other mids simply couldnā€™t get their hands on the ball from stoppages.

1 Like

OUT: Zac Clarke

Would rather go with Hartley and Brown in the ruck than Clarke.

Spoke to Hurley last Wednesday night at a function. He reckons he was 2-3 weeks away so thatā€™s good!

10 Likes

Heppell and Smack both unwell last week - I wonder if there were more that went unreported?

4 Likes

Out: Z Clarke (v Power)
In: Z Clarke (v North Melbourne)

2 Likes

And Stringer the week before. Wouldnā€™t surprise if there were half a dozen or more that are under the weather.

3 Likes

My guess is that hepp will be keen to run out and help the team regroup. The temptation to select Myers will obviously be there too but if we select both I think that makes our midfield very unbalanced.

I also feel we lacked the extra leading target that lav provides.

Itā€™s unclear at the stage whether Francis, parish and Saad are available for selection. I presume smack is.

I think guelfiā€™s output has dropped away a bit and questions should be asked.

All things being equal though it might be as simple as:

Out: Hartley, Langford
In: smack, hepp

2 Likes

Jeez love everyone suggested we drop Zac Clarke

ā€œCARā€™S MAKING A FUNNY NOISE. BETTER DRIVE IT INTO A LAKE AND START WALKING EVERYWHERE INSTEADā€

13 Likes

ā€œSOMETHING SMELLS WEIRD IN THE SHED. OH WELL, BEST I BURN IT DOWN. NO OTHER WAYā€

5 Likes

Especially when he gets to play against Tim English who, while talented, should be absolutely monstered in the hitouts by Clarke.

2 Likes

You actually watch footy? Nerd.

3 Likes

TBC.

7 Likes

I suggest everyone watch the VFL stream vision on you tube, then assess if we should bring in Jok.
I was going to last night but was a little tired after my run.

Amazing to think in 2-3 weeks time we will have Bellchambers and Hurley back.

Think we are missing Heppell, hopefully his foot can hold up finals too.

1 Like

Nah, heā€™s been basically the same since game one.

1 Like