Speculation on changes vs Fremantle

Out: Myers, Clarke
In: doesn’t matter. We could go in with 20 and be better off than having these 2

If Myers allegedly stated he can’t hold a football because his hands are stuffed, why is he playing the highest level of football in the country?

1 Like

How has he mangled his hands anyway? It’s not like he is a wicketkeeper.

Maybe he is a wicket keeper for some F matting side somewhere?

Out: Fyfe, Hill, Mundy
In: Zac Clarke, Gorringe, Gumby,

:joy::joy::joy: What superstar? :joy::joy::joy: we haven’t had a superstar since Lloyd left.

In: D Clarke, Ridley, Daniher
Out: Myers, Hams, Z Clarke.

4 Likes

Why, so we can collectively call for his head next week?

1 Like

Yeah that was my point, I was replying to a post re Gown having a bad day in the VFL

Daniher
D.Clarke
Gown
Dea
McNeice
Hartley
Long
Begley
Ridley
Zerk
Mozzie
Houlahan

Any 2 of these would make me happier than seeing Myers and Clarke again

I don’t know their names but it’s ■■■■■■■ time

1 Like

Hartley has been our best player in the VFL this season, only behind Draper.

And if you haven’t noticed we are struggling for 195cm+ key position players because of injury.

If we are choosing between Zac Clarke and Hartley… it’s Hartley every day of the week.

His disposal has been sensational in the VFL, and I was very impressed with Hartley’s ruck work. His tap work was excellent, but it was like adding another midfielder Into the centre square.

I really want to see what he could do as a forward.

5 Likes

If Clarke, Myers and Baguley all play I genuinely give up.

3 Likes

How has Ridley been poorly managed? He played well in the VFL, has been given an extended run in his main position and then was dropped/rested when he had lost some of his edge and game.

Langford hasn’t been poorly managed imo, he just isn’t good enough. Not even Hawthorn would get much out of him.

Francis is a tough one. He has been managed quite well considering his issues and fitness levels. Was brought into the side late last year and shone brightly. They backed him in this year and he fell a bit flat and then we have been severely damaged by injuries and his position has been taken by a player who has been on fire (Redman) and the return of our main backman in Hooker. They have used him forward due to missing so many talls and he hasn’t been himself. I don’t think you can blame the coaches too much for all of this, just circumstances. I would consider putting him down back and Hooker forward to see how that goes for half a game, then switch it back if it isn’t going as well as we would like.

4 Likes

Played 3 games in a row last year… then is rested for a week. Never comes back in.

When a player is rested, they should be returning the following week. Ridley was nowhere to be seen for the rest of the season. Late in the season he was getting BOG constantly and then was overlooked for Francis.

But What exactly did he do to be dropped last week?

Clark has to stay in even if Daniher is back. Clark only gets dropped when Brown or Smack is fit.

We need 2 KPF’s

1 Like

He was poor, almost all people on here were saying he should be dropped and given a run in the VFL to regain his form. So he gets dropped and now people are saying he is being poorly managed, I think that is unfair on the coaches.

1 Like

Screw structures

Two best from the VFL in.

Two worst from the AFL out.

Leave that as our selection policy for the year. No exceptions. Any injuries you increase the changes.

3 Likes

Or we could back the kids in and show confidence in them to bounce back, like we do with the experienced players.

Let’s also remember that Ridley got dropped earlier in the season when his kicking efficiency was over 90%.

All while our disposal was a disgrace

1 Like

There is more to a players game than just hitting a target, much more.

And I will not argue about the merits of dropping senior players and giving young players a shot and the fact it doesn’t happen very often. All coaches do it whether we like it or not.