Speculation on round 23 changes vs Filth

Outs. Zaka, Fantasia, Heppell ( rested for finals).

Ins. Clarke, Laverde, Snelling ( if right to go )

1 Like

Love ya thinking there WOB!

Zerk gets another go after last night.
He was rarely beaten in a contest and Pies smalls will smash Hooker as he canā€™t run.

Zaha is a defo out injured.
Who comes into replace him?
Maybe Sneiling or D Clark.
Personally Iā€™d bring in Sneiling.

Last nights game was won with the simple strategic move to place Ambrose into an unfamiliar tagging role in absolute gun Fyfe.

I would like to see Ambrose go to Pendlebury. This could be the master stroke of coaching.

I have long argued that Ambrose should play a tagging role given his unique abilities size and strength. This may be be move to help take this team to the next level in the next few weeks and see us win a final.

Canā€™t see us playing both Ambrose & Clarke & Sneiling can run through the middle and is great defensively and can help with clearances & contests possessions which we were belted in last night.

If Belly is right Zac Clark is out.

In: Belly , Sneiling
Out: Zaharakis & ZClark

Iā€™m backing us to surprise many & get the job done against the Pies .

3 Likes
  1. Do the outs play VFL?
  2. Having two weeks off before facing Collingwood in finals is a great idea! Fark Sumich!
4 Likes

I reckon in Bellchambers (if ready, would be good to get at least a game of match fitness in him before finals) out whoever is impersonating as our ruckman.

Resting a few players is a good idea, but so is momentum going into finals and if we somehow pulled off a win against Collingwood on a Friday night where we also might be playing them Week 1 of Finals in an elimination, that would be huge.

1 Like

This will make no sense but itā€™s just a theory I have.

When two teams play each other twice in a short amount of time, unless there is a substantial difference in the quality of the teams, whoever wins the first encounter will lose the second one. Because by the second encounter, the other team has been able to prepare and counter what caused the loss in the first game.

If we beat Collingwood next week (with our best side), I donā€™t think weā€™ll beat them first week of finals.

4 Likes

:frowning_face:

2 Likes

Time to test the theory.

1 Like

However, if we somehow get the win whilst resting a whole bunch of players, Iā€™d give us a chance playing them again the following week. Because the quality of the team had drastically changed :blush:

3 Likes

Itā€™s really anyoneā€™s guess given we probably canā€™t move spots in the 8 and all the injuries and players coming back.

Ham will stay in whilst Zaharakis is out

Bellchambers needs a game of footy with our midfield group.

Dont care if its Melbourne or Sydney final. Neither would be easy. The filth and the tiges will both be up and about.

Maybe Sydney because the weather might be better, GWS has the odd poor game and we are an atrociois poor weather football side.

1 Like

Donā€™t rest anyone. Thats what that stupid bye week is for. Do you really want players going into an elimination final after 2 weeks off

18 Likes

Rest stringer donā€™t play hooker give walla some time off and I donā€™t want to see Hurley do a shoulder

2 Likes

Could Ridley play the Zaka role maybe?

1 Like

Exactly.

I feel like some of our players are pretty good at dealing with long breaks in terms of the intensity they can turn on quickly upon return. Iā€™m thinking Heppell and Bellchambers fit this category.

Hurley comes in and dominates and you worry about his shoulder. Weird stuff.

4 Likes

Hurls and Hooks have both done well after long breaks too :+1::+1:

Go for the win - Pies could miss top 4 and then meet the doggies in an elimination.

3 Likes

I bet you will be crying if one of those pies gives him a clip over the shoulder on Friday night

The pre finals bye gives the ones who need a rest a rest.

1 Like

Would also note that we may be able to determine who we play in the finals with a win or loss next week. Who would we prefer, GWS or Collingwood? Iā€™m not sure. Most likely scenario it is an away game.