Speculation on round 23 changes vs Filth

In that scenario losing would guarantee us GWS away.

We play Friday next week and get the longest break including the week off. So no need to rest anyone who doesn’t have an injury. Heppell and Fanta are the only one

2 Likes

If Belly is fit then…

Out: Z Clarke, Zaharakis (inj)
In: Bellchambers, Snelling

If Belly is fit then I’d like him to have a run before finals, if not just a straight swap for Zaka.

1 Like

Schrödinger’s Clarke.

11 Likes

OUT: Zaharakis, Z Clarke & BZT
IN: D Clarke, Bellchambers & Hooker

Laverde next in line.

B: Gleeson Hurley Ambrose
HB: Saad Hooker McKenna
C: McGrath Heppell Parish
HF: Langford Brown Walla
F: Fantasia McKernan Stringer
R: Bellchambers Shiel Merrett

I/C: Redman Francis D Clarke Ham

Full dress rehearsal, with a decent break before our first final.

2 Likes

I think we just wait until we find out if GWS beat the Doggies, that would change our selections

1 Like

If the Giants win today, which I think is a 50:50 game but they would want to bounce back, then we’re better off going full dress rehearsal to knock the pies off. Giants will win next week and if we get over the Pies they’ll drop to 6th and we’ll play them.

There’s also less need to rest blokes in the last round with the bye to follow.

Nice.

I would much rather play pies in Melb than GWS, but it’s hard to know where things will land. Either way, sore players with two weeks off will be a raring to go in that first final

1 Like

With TBC, don’t play him against the pies unless his ready. Give him an intraclub hitout during the bye round if need be

Just a reminder. If a player isn’t VFL finals eligible BUT misses round 23 AND their AFL team is in the finals, they can play in the VFL final. Therefore, anyone we rest next week can play the week after in the VFL. Something to consider with respect to the 5 day break, and guys coming back. Anyone who pulls up sore from this weeks game and flight can get some playing time before the finals.

You mean the guy getting around 3-4 touches a game when not played in defence in the VFL?

1 Like

Long is the only Zaharakis replacement left…(and was in the bests yesterday)

1 Like

Could Ridley come into the AFL team in defence and take Redman’s spot, and Redman goes into the midfield taking Zaka’s spot. Redman’s run through the centre square last night in the 4th was awesome.

2 Likes

How good is it that ham has come from absolutely fkg nowhere to be in the side and probably, at this stage a really good chance to play a final?

1 Like

That final was magic. The Tigers fans were so up and about with their brand new beanies and scarfs on.

If you pause it, you can see the actual moment their hearts broke.

1 Like

Rest will be 3 weeks from today… that should be a good chance to get rid of alot of niggles and lingering issues.
So outs:
Heppels - Foot
Fantasia - Foot
Hurley- SHoulder
TBC - would be nice to play… but im confident he is someone who can come straight back for the first finals once running.
Hooker- keep out, maybe he is still a bit proppy.

You could cotton wool others though… Mckernan for instance, Stringer… i think these guys, in particular mckernan are too important.

Strategically before Norf beat Port, we kind of hand a choice of trying to win and finish 7th or losing and finish 8th. to chose our finals path… only if port kept winning.

It kind of sucks that they lost because we could have had a say in our finals path… unless collingwood also was trying to lose… that would have been fun to watch.

Impossible to not finish 7th so… rest em all.

1 Like

If WB win their next 2 (GWS today in Sydney and Adelaide next week in Ballarat) and we lose against Collingwood, WB goes 7th and we drop down to 8th.

1 Like

How many 5 day turn around after trip away?

If we are to play Collingwood (basically if GWS win) then I’d like us to save some aces up our sleeve for the elimination final against them.

Rest Hooker, keep him for the Elimination final.
Ambrose can tag a key mid? Good, save it for the Elimination final. Save it for Pendles or someone.
If Heppell needs a few weeks rest then so be it, let Langford get more midfield time.

4 Likes

Rest Stringer, everytime he jumps for a mark and lands I get fkn nervous.

4 Likes