Spotify wrapped

post yours up you cowards so you can be shamed for your choices

shoutout to @wimmera1 for being the direct cause of my #2 artist

5 Likes

No apologies, but my Spotify is very weird this year with greatly reduced minutes, due to mostly listening to vinyl.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1EUMDoJuT8yJsl?si=VepF-EA2REeT6Udsd0seiQ

4 Likes

6 Likes

Very confused by Cannons. The lead singer is certainly a babe but I didn’t think I’d actually listened to too much of their stuff. Given they’re indie I’ll give em a plug anyway

2 Likes

Faithless… old school, I like.

1 Like

I’m living in 1993 still! I’d legit want to go back to that time and live it all again, maybe at my current age so I could drink when the Baby Bombers win the flag!

8 Likes

They had a new albumn out, it’s not bad.

1 Like

Now that Maxi Jazz is in his mid 60s and probably not smashing as much MDMA have they released narcolepsy as a follow up to insomnia?

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

Unfortunately he wasn’t on the latest albumn.

3 Likes

don’t listen to spotify much and when i do its generally top 50 stuff.

3 Likes

I’ll be honest, I didn’t expect Glenn Miller to be my top artist! Must be from the playlists I rotate through while working.

7 Likes

there’s no way i’m showing you what my kids listen too. my ears have bled enough, i’ll spare your eyes.

2 Likes

Welll, this has confirmed my fears. As i age, I am turning into a total and complete hillbilly…

8 Likes

To be fair, I don’t think the Spotify Wrappeds are very accurate.
The weird thing is that I think they used to be more accurate five years ago.

It says the most times I played a song was six, and that’s just not true.
It has The Beatles and Genesis in my little sub-playlist of other tracks from commonly played artists for 2021, and yet not one song from either made Wrapped.

Here’s what I think.
I think Wrapped is made by how often you play a song compared to how often it’s played by other people.

1 Like

whats your most played prince song?

I love Charlie Parr (saw him live a couple of times - once at the Way Out West Blues Club at Williamstown RSL and once at Caravan Music Club at Oakleigh RSL).

How do I get my Top 5 Artists and Songs up? When I click on either of these it just gives me a playlist of top songs and top artists in random order.

2 Likes

Probably Paisley Park, but again…vinyl.

yeah pretty much

i don’t even really like the tragically hip. it was only after being in a discussion thread about the music used in letterkenny that i learned they’re basically canada’s powderfinger, so queued them up to listen to for a morning while working. maybe 3.5 albums was enough to land me in their top 2% of fans apparently.

also i’m now 98% convinced that any pre-2000 punk is considered “classic rock”. there’s absolutely no way classic rock, in and of itself, was my top category.